Picture of Jason Chui
Uncaught Error: One or more components... were included... but no component... is installed
by Jason Chui - Wednesday, 4 March 2020, 8:03 AM

I originally modified codes of existing plugins and got the modified plugins working to my needs. 

Then i decided to register these modified plugins to the adapt plugins registry. Registration of the plugins went by with no issue.

I then uploaded the plugins to a commercial server. This server worked well with the modified plugins originally.

Uploading was fine.

I could see the components in the Authoring Tool but when I tried to preview / force build the course, I get the following error.

Error in text:

Uncaught Error: One or more components of type "mcq-exserlan-sjs" were included in the course - but no component of that type is installed...

Any advice?

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Uncaught Error: One or more components... were included... but no component... is installed
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 5 March 2020, 12:59 PM

Probably this line: https://github.com/adaptNYP/adapt-mcq-exserlan-sjs/blob/master/js/adapt-mcq-exserlan-sjs.js#L7

Please could you amend your README so that it doesn't state that your component is owned by Adapt and maintained by the core team?

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Uncaught Error: One or more components... were included... but no component... is installed
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 5 March 2020, 1:02 PM

equally if you want your component to show in the plugin browser a more descriptive name would be a good idea. and perhaps an explanation of how it differs from the core MCQ component.