Picture of Adam Burch
Non Graded Fillable Form
by Adam Burch - Thursday, 5 March 2020, 7:09 PM

Hello all, 

I am using adapt framework v5.1.0 and authoring tool v0.10.2.  I am creating an e-learning course that teaches users how to administer and score a series of patient screening questionnaires.  I would like to have a sample online version of the screening tool that they can fill out multiple times and see their own scoring results.  So far my best solution has been to create non weighted multiple choice questions and have the user answer each but I've run into some limitations.

1: I have to define one of the answers as correct and if selected, the user can't reset the question and select any of the other answers to see those results.

2: Question layout looks nothing like the real forms.

My question is this.  Is there an existing plugin that allows for a fillable form like the one I'm trying to create with MCQs or is there a way to make the MCQs reset no matter which answer was chosen for this specific block of questions?

I need to have some questions that are only answerable once so making a change in the behavior of all questions is not an option.

Thanks,

Adam

Picture of Barry Jenkin
Re: Non Graded Fillable Form
by Barry Jenkin - Sunday, 8 March 2020, 2:51 AM

If you're not needing to capture a score, you can set up a question with no correct answer, infinite attempts and simply use feedbacks to communicate which is correct (and disable markings so the cross doesn't appear). I've needed to do this a lot to enable the user to see each feedback. You can use some css to show the tick in the feedback if you need.

Enabling reset where there's a correct answer set is a little harder. There was a js fix suggested a while back if you're happy to go down this path: https://community.adaptlearning.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=3406 (not sure if this still applies to the latest version).

Have you been using textInput component for the form questions? You should be able to use some css to get the layout how you need it to be.

Picture of Adam Burch
Re: Non Graded Fillable Form
by Adam Burch - Monday, 9 March 2020, 4:53 PM

I didn't realize that I could set all of the answers as incorrect.  That will solve everything in terms of repeat entry.  In patient surveys there are no "correct" answers, just answers and what they indicate so that is perfect.

I also haven't explored all of the community components at this time.  I just successfully installed the adapt authoring tool a couple of weeks ago and this is my first project on this platform.  I will look at textInput.

Thanks,

Adam