Picture of Henrik Aabom
Courses not working on Successfactor with IE11
by Henrik Aabom - Monday, 20 April 2020, 4:14 AM

Hello Fellow Adapters

Maybe someone else has had same issue as our client?

Last week they uploaded some new courses from their AT to their Succesfactor LMS, as they have done many times before. However, for some reason the courses stopped working on Internet Explorer 11. 

I took a look and the course opens up alright, but does not put anything inside the <div id="wrapper"></div>. It is completely empty. Which results in the course only showing the HTML-background, and nothing else.

The error only occurs on IE11. All other browser has no problem running the courses, and even other LMS's have no problems running the courses in IE11.

They claim that the only difference they have made are some added CSS-code.

Picture of Henrik Aabom
Re: Courses not working on Successfactor with IE11
by Henrik Aabom - Monday, 20 April 2020, 4:45 AM

I can add that the courses behaves as if the script: adapt/js/scriptLoader.js isn't loaded.

Picture of Robert Peek
by Robert Peek - Monday, 20 April 2020, 8:11 AM

Hey

This happend to me too and it ended up being the xAPI plugin that was causing it. The latest release (Release v0.8.2) fixes it so it would be worth checking this as a starting point.

Hope that helps.

Picture of Henrik Aabom
by Henrik Aabom - Monday, 20 April 2020, 9:49 AM

Hey Robert

Hmm... We are not using that extension, but I don't think ES6 code in an extension could be a possible explanation, because the courses are working fine in IE11 when previewing in AT and they work fine in other LMS-systems as well.

It's the combination of Successfator , IE11 and the course.

Thanks for the input

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 20 April 2020, 10:01 AM

We build and deliver quite a lot of courses to SuccessFactors and haven't run into anything like this. Unfortunately I don't have direct access to SF myself to test things like this.

Any errors in the console that you can see?

I can add that the courses behaves as if the script: adapt/js/scriptLoader.js isn't loaded

Check the network tab to see if it is or not? If it is, can you debug it?

When posting things like this please could you state whether you're using the authoring tool or framework - and what version.

Picture of Henrik Aabom
by Henrik Aabom - Tuesday, 28 April 2020, 6:10 AM

There are no errors in the console, and it doesn't seem that the scriptLoader.js is loaded... How can that be? :|

I too don't have access to SF, so I'm relying on our client to do the testing for me and provide the results. 

The AT and Adapt versions are:

"adapt_authoring": "v0.4.0",
"adapt_framework": "v2.2.3"

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 28 April 2020, 8:59 AM

Check they're not running IE11 in Enterprise, Compatibility or Quirks mode. Easiest way to do that is to open the developer tools and check it shows '11' as the Document Mode.

Equally we've had instances before where the client's own security systems are stripping JavaScript code from the .zip file as its being uploaded to SF.

I too don't have access to SF, so I'm relying on our client to do the testing for me and provide the results.

Yeah, welcome to my world. Fun, isn't it?