Picture of Andrea Schweiger
Background Fotos and costumizationHi
by Andrea Schweiger - Wednesday, 22 April 2020, 9:14 AM

Hi, I´ ve seen one can put background Fotos in Adapt. I only have vanilla as theme, even though there is a window for more option, however unclickable , is this normal?

How can I put background fotos in Adapt?

Thank you!

Andrea

Picture of John Niezen
Re: Background Fotos and costumizationHi
by John Niezen - Wednesday, 22 April 2020, 9:38 AM

Do you mean like from this extension? : https://github.com/danielstorey/adapt-backgroundScroll

by Andrea Schweiger - Wednesday, 22 April 2020, 12:47 PM

Thank you!:-) I mean background photos not within a Block, but Fotos which are behind the blocks. As in the two example below. Looking forward to hearing from you. Have a nice day! Andrea

Picture of Jonathan Briggs
by Jonathan Briggs - Wednesday, 22 April 2020, 1:32 PM

You're after adapt article background, if you're not on the latest framework. It has some limitations, particularly with iOS. You can get it from the plugin browser https://www.adaptlearning.org/index.php/plugin-browser/

If you're on the latest framework 5 then this function is built in.

Anyway, have a good dig around on the plugin browser for things you might want to use.

Jonathan

by Andrea Schweiger - Wednesday, 22 April 2020, 2:22 PM

Thank you very much Jonathan. I have uploaded the last version of framework. So, I don't understand, why it doesn't show up. Anyway now I have the problem not to find my Adapt app online anymore.

by Andrea Schweiger - Wednesday, 22 April 2020, 6:29 PM

I have installed the lates authoring tool (10), however I have not the latest Framework and don´t know why? Do I have to upgrade the framework manually on a Mac? I mean separately? Tha attachment file shows the versions.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 23 April 2020, 10:35 AM

If you installed the latest authoring tool it should have installed the latest compatible framework version by default.

If, however, you upgraded to the latest version of the authoring tool it does NOT update you to the latest framework version automatically, you have to update this manually.

by Andrea Schweiger - Thursday, 23 April 2020, 11:14 AM

Thank you very much Matt!:-) 

So, how can I upgrade the framework manually? I only found commands for the AAT. What exactly do I have to put in my terminal? So problems begins, that I don't know how to find the framework by terminal.

"cd adapt_authoring tool" (or framework?) and then?

Thanks again! Have a nice day!

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 23 April 2020, 2:49 PM

So, how can I upgrade the framework manually?

Good question, I've never actually done this! I work mainly on the framework side of the project. Hopefully someone else can answer - though I think you mentioned in another post that you managed to get it onto FW v4 which is probably the best version to be running at the moment in terms of number of compatible 3rd party plugins.

by Andrea Schweiger - Thursday, 23 April 2020, 7:37 PM

I got the answer now:

cd adapt_authoring enter

node upgrade.js enter

ES ERSCHEINT:

-Continue: dann Y eingeben, Enter

-Update automatically: dann n eingeben, Enter

-TEXT ERSCHEINT MIT AUTHORING TOOL -v0.10.3 (oder aktuellere) eingeben, Enter

-TEXT ERSCHEINT MIT FRAMEWORK HIER: v5 (oder aktuell) eingeben, Enter....FERTIG

Picture of John Niezen
by John Niezen - Friday, 24 April 2020, 6:22 AM

Bravo, gut gemacht. Oft ist es schwehr auf abstand zu beschreiben wass zu tun.

I am glad you managed and learned some of the things needed to proceed for the future. As Matt writes, a lot of them work directly in the FW, for me and my team that is/was not an option. Myself, I can get around the HTML and js stuff a bit, but our other developers are Powerpoint addicts, so we needed an easy tool that could give them the WYSIWYG quick, hence the AAT.