Picture of Andrea Schweiger
Additional plugins installation
by Andrea Schweiger - Thursday, 23 April 2020, 12:52 PM

Hi there,  I updated Authoring Tool and Framework to the latest version which should be 5, however it updates to 4. Even though I put v5 in. That´s fine.

Still I can't see additional components/Plugins in the Tool and I assume I have to install the Plugins manually by the Plugin management.

I am not from the IT business: could you please tell me exactly how I could do a plugin by the help of the plugin management? To where (exactly) do I have to write any commands/codes ( the commands which are listet on these additional plugins-page f.e. "installflipCards")? In the terminal, when I start cd adapt_authoring? Or anywhere in the Tool itself? I've also seen a zip file abload for files, but where are plugin files? Do one need IT professional skills to run Adapt plugins?

Thanks!

Picture of John Niezen
Re: Additional plugins installation
by John Niezen - Thursday, 23 April 2020, 1:47 PM

Could you share screen shots from your Plugin Management pages? So what is already listed in the Extensions, Theme, Components etc?

by Andrea Schweiger - Thursday, 23 April 2020, 7:54 PM

Hi John,

here are my screenshots, Hopefully it helps you figuring out the problems. I am already the Super Admin. I tried to enter the following commands in my terminal (Mac):

cd adapt_authoring (enter)

adapt install adapt-flippableCard (enter)---------------no answer

Picture of John Niezen
by John Niezen - Friday, 24 April 2020, 6:14 AM

much to complicated if you work from the AAT, to check if they are ok for your FW version, click on the green refresher button.

To install a new plugin, go to the page as discussed before, find your plugin, go to the development page of that plugin and download the zip.

Then use the upper left GREEN upload plugin button, that will direct you to another AAT page where you can upload the zip(s) you want.

If you by any chance downloaded a non compatible zip, you will be notified, and have to read the dev page carefully, maybe even check the bower file what the intention of the developer was.

Coming back to your Flipcard, use the above guide, and forget the cmd prompt for now. Once you get your head around this process, it is time to dive into deeper things. Like thanks to this wonderful team, and other persons writing here and in Gitter.im, I managed to learn how to adjust colors, paddings etc in the files for our projects. (working almost 6 years with the tool now and I love it)

by Andrea Schweiger - Friday, 24 April 2020, 11:45 AM

Thanks a lot John, I will try this.

by Andrea Schweiger - Friday, 24 April 2020, 12:53 PM

Hi, 

I found the plugin page, I found the  development plugin page, I saw the Zip File, I downloaded the Zip file:

The Zip file can't be uploaded as a whole in ATT, it consists of various pages. Which one of the files is the file for uploading?

The Uploading process shows error. The plugin is compatible with my version of framework. Does a book exist which explains those things? Or a video?

Thank you!

Picture of John Niezen
by John Niezen - Friday, 24 April 2020, 1:35 PM

Ok you just picked one that is still to be updated.

But on the right you see a green button : Clone or Download, use the Download and store the package on you machine, DO NOT UNPACK!

Go to AAT, and use there the Upload function as mentioned before, it will ask you for a package to upload. If there is an issue, you should get a popup with a message describing why, for example FW is not compatible.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 24 April 2020, 2:06 PM

Hi Andreia

If you follow the link I posted earlier you'll see this:

by Andrea Schweiger - Friday, 24 April 2020, 4:43 PM

Thank you. Yes, I did it. I know.

I have download the Zip File on my desktop. It is named "adapt contrib-flipcard-master.

Now this file (and its under-files) are on my desktop.

I can't upload them altogether in ATT. There are many files. Any file I choose will be en ERROR.

The file as such from GitHup is not loadable in ATT, because it consists of many files and even every little file is Not upload able. See attachment.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 24 April 2020, 5:23 PM

you need to upload the file adapt contrib-flipcard-master.zip NOT the files that are in it

by Andrea Schweiger - Saturday, 25 April 2020, 9:45 AM

Hi Matt,

the problem is, that the file itself can't be uploaded with my Mac. I am forced to choose underlies. Could it be that is not Mac compatible with the newest Mac Version? Thanks a lot.

Picture of Paul Hilton
by Paul Hilton - Saturday, 25 April 2020, 10:38 AM

Hi,

I wouldn‘t think the zip file is incompatible with the Mac. 

Do you think it automatically unzips when you download it? 

I think there is an option for turning that off. 

by Andrea Schweiger - Saturday, 25 April 2020, 1:03 PM

Hi Paul,

the file is already unzipped, when I have downloaded it on my desktop. Here is how it looks like trying to upload the whole file (click on upload file):

(See attachment). The problem is: I can't select the whole file. It's not a big one, so my RAM should be enough. What do you think?

by Andrea Schweiger - Saturday, 25 April 2020, 1:24 PM

Hi Paul,

great!!!  That was it. Thanks a lot :-) My Mac automatically unzipped files while downloading!!! I could change this. So the files are uploadable, now. Unfortunately, now I have another problem: the file, I have chosen, is not compatible with framework 4. 

I upgraded this framework manually in my terminal and told the system to get v5. The system installed 4. I don't know why. Do you have an idea? 

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Sunday, 26 April 2020, 4:17 PM

I was going to say to try downloading the previous version but it looks like the plugin owner has set that to only be compatible with FW v2.

You should log a ticket asking them if they wouldn't mind doing a v4 compatible release... only had a brief look but it looks like their v2.0.2 release should be compatible, I think they just need to change this line to ">=2"

by Andrea Schweiger - Monday, 27 April 2020, 8:23 AM

Thank you very much Matt! I've send the ticket.

Have a nice day!

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 23 April 2020, 2:36 PM

could you please tell me exactly how I could do a plugin by the help of the plugin management?

https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_authoring/wiki/Plugin-Management#installing-custom-plugins

by Andrea Schweiger - Thursday, 23 April 2020, 7:43 PM

Thank you very much Matt. I try this.