Picture of Markus Görlich
PSA: AAT with Framework 2.4.0 (and maybe others) keeps old theme files on published course
by Markus Görlich - Thursday, 30 April 2020, 8:25 PM

Hello everyone,

I just noticed on Framework 2.4.0 and Authoring Tool 0.10.1 that a published course contains all assets of the themes it previously was published or previewed with.

So let’s have a course with theme A, publish it, change it to theme B and publish it again. The SCORM will contain theme B’s assets as it should, but it also includes all of theme A’s assets! I did notice this behavior because of a course that was a copy of another one but changed themes in the meantime.

This issue is fixed in Framework 5.3.0 and Authoring Tool 0.10.3 but might be available in other versions. The source files never were affected (so a manual build was OK), but for those of us that mainly use the published SCORM.zip of the Authoring Tool, it will look unprofessional if assets of another customers (like logos, images, fonts etc.) are included in the SCORM.

Best regards,

Markus

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: PSA: AAT with Framework 2.4.0 (and maybe others) keeps old theme files on published course
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 1 May 2020, 9:49 AM

This issue is fixed in Framework 5.3.0 and Authoring Tool 0.10.3

This makes it sound like it can only be fixed by updating to Framework v5.3.0 which I don't believe is the case

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: PSA: AAT with Framework 2.4.0 (and maybe others) keeps old theme files on published course
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 1 May 2020, 10:24 AM

I'm assuming you're referring to this issue?

Picture of Markus Görlich
by Markus Görlich - Friday, 1 May 2020, 2:59 PM

Yes, this seems to be the issue, thanks.

I couldn’t find this issue on GitHub before I posted here. I just noticed this on my 2.4.0 install and tested on the latest 5.3.0 version where the issue wasn’t there. I did try to explicitly limit the issue to 2.4.0 which others also might still use and didn’t want to make it look like 5.3.0 is the only version where it is fixed.