Seth Looking Surprised
Help with Adding Pages & LMS connection
by Seth Dickens - Thursday, 14 August 2014, 4:09 PM

Hi All, 

I'm just getting started with Adapt. I've managed to get the whole site running, but I've run into 2 problems.

1) I can successfully run the site with the "grunt server-scorm" command, but when I run "grunt server" I get the following error log:

Course could not connect to the LMS
ScormWrapper::getValue: _property=cmi.suspend_data
Course is not connected to the LMS

2) I've followed the wiki page on creating a course successfully up to Creating your first course · contentObects.json the section on creating a new page.  When I try to "re-build your code and refresh the browser" the page at http://localhost:9001/main.html gets stuck on the loading screen.  

If it helps, I have included my contentObjects.Json file here as an attachment.

Any help or assistance in solving either of these problems is very much appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Seth

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Help with Adding Pages & LMS connection
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 14 August 2014, 4:49 PM

Hi Seth - and welcome!

1 - if you search the forums for the error 'Course is not connected to the LMS' you'll get the solution

2 - If you press F12 to open the web developer console, are there any error messages in the logs?

FYI I wouldn't launch the course from main.html. This page really needs to be deleted or renamed to something more informative like 'dummy SCORM wrapper.html'

Seth Looking Surprised
by Seth Dickens - Thursday, 14 August 2014, 11:23 PM

Hi Matt, 

Thanks for the help and the welcome!

1 - I think I managed to find a solution in the forums by running the command "adapt uninstall contrib-spoor". It doesn't give me the error message now.

2 - In the console I get the following error message.  :

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '_children' of undefined adapt.min.js:121
n adapt.min.js:121
t.Model.extend.findDescendants adapt.min.js:121
t.extend.getCompleteComponentsAsPercentage adapt.min.js:121
n.extend.preRender adapt.min.js:129
t.View.extend.initialize adapt.min.js:121
e.View adapt.min.js:120
n adapt.min.js:120
(anonymous function) adapt.min.js:129
S.each.S.forEach adapt.min.js:117
g.(anonymous function) adapt.min.js:120
n.extend.postRender adapt.min.js:129
(anonymous function) adapt.min.js:121
(anonymous function)

I thought this might have been because in that wiki task, we created an -id for a new page, but we hadn't yet created content for that page. To test this, I worked ahead through the remaining steps in the wiki up to the end of the edits to components.json task, but unfortunately the problem persists.

Perhaps I should just do a clean install of Adapt and start again? 

Thanks again for your help.

Seth

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 15 August 2014, 9:56 AM

It could be that; certainly I would try undoing the addition of the new page - try reverting that change and running the build again. Do also pay attention to the grunt build process output as it can give you an early alert if you've done something wrong.

Picture of Michael Memory
by Michael Memory - Monday, 22 December 2014, 5:03 PM

Seth,

Just wondering if you ever found a solution to Problem 2 in your post. I am able to get a grunt build and server running just fine, but when I add a new JSON object and change its ID in the contentObjects.json file, I get stuck on the loading screen (after building and refreshing). Once I remove the added JSON object everything works great.

This is my second clean installation of Adapt and the problem has persisted. When I open the console on the loading screen there is a similar error as yours on Safari. In Chrome the error reads: Cannot read property '_children' of undefined.

Thanks for your post, hopefully you found a fix!

Michael

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 23 December 2014, 10:33 AM

Hi Michael

If you search the forums for that error, you'll see a post by Chuck that mentions that you need to add article, block and component children to the content object before attempting to build and re-run.

Could you give that a try?

Picture of Michael Memory
by Michael Memory - Tuesday, 23 December 2014, 2:47 PM

Matt,

Thank you that worked! I appreciate your help.

Michael