Picture of Amy Groshek
Upload multiple images to Auth Tool
by Amy Groshek - Friday, 15 May 2020, 5:51 PM

A client of mine is wondering whether it's possible to upload multiple images to the auth tool. Even if it were just me scp-ing a bunch of files onto the server that would probably be handy to know about. When I look in `/adapt_authoring/data/master` I see a bunch of hashed files and am not sure if it's possible to make manual additions without breaking things. Possible? Terrible idea? Anybody know? 

Picture of Chuck Lorenz
Re: Upload multiple images to Auth Tool
by Chuck Lorenz - Friday, 15 May 2020, 9:02 PM

My understanding is that one cannot upload multiple assets in one operation. This requested enhancement is known: https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_authoring/issues/1467. (You might add a +1 for encouragement.)

Assets are recorded in a mongo collection. And the AAT makes use of course/en/assets/assets.json to track assets and present them in the Assets Manager. These certainly wouldn't get updated by a single push to the server. Perhaps there is code sitting in the 1467 PR that might help you create a workaround?

Picture of Barry Jenkin
by Barry Jenkin - Saturday, 16 May 2020, 6:15 AM

You can export a small/empty course from the AT, unzip and copy all your images into src/course/en/assets then rezip the course and import into AT. This also retains all the image filenames.

Picture of Chuck Lorenz
by Chuck Lorenz - Sunday, 17 May 2020, 10:04 AM

Great tip, Barry!