Picture of Misha G
Source Import Failed - Invalid Version Number
by Misha G - Monday, 1 June 2020, 2:19 PM

Hi,

Our team has an Adapt instance at the office with slightly older component versions. With the quarantine, we've all installed our own instance at home but importing courses from our office brings us version error.

This course in particular that I'm working on has an error for the Reveal component. I've looked in the bower.json file and it's version is 2.2.2 and it's the same version number on my adapt instance. We have the same Adapt authoring and framework version.

I'm not sure if there's a way to force import it in a way that I could redo the components manually or if you knew a trick to fix the version error? Am I missing something?

Thank you!

Picture of Ignacio Cinalli
Re: Source Import Failed - Invalid Version Number
by Ignacio Cinalli - Monday, 1 June 2020, 5:30 PM

Hi, can you try add the missing framework version?

take a look the new version of bower.json

Picture of Misha G
by Misha G - Monday, 1 June 2020, 6:22 PM

Hi,

Thanks for letting me know about the new framework line in the bower. Unfortunately, I'm running an older framework (v2.4.0) with authoring tool at v0.9.0 for compatibility of my other courses. The new default is set to ">=3.0.0", so I've tried to change it to "<=3.0.0" or simply "2.4.0", but I keep getting an error while importing.

Would there be an alternative fix instead of upgrading?

Thanks!

by Ignacio Cinalli - Monday, 1 June 2020, 8:17 PM

Can you try:
"
framework"
: ">=2.4.0"

Picture of Misha G
by Misha G - Monday, 1 June 2020, 9:02 PM

Unfortunately no :/

"Encountered an unexpected file structure. Please check you have uploaded a valid export package and try again."

by Ignacio Cinalli - Monday, 1 June 2020, 10:39 PM

That is another error.

Are you including all files and the grunt folder?

Create a new course and export the source from authoring tool. Then compare your zip files (should have the same structure)

Picture of Misha G
by Misha G - Tuesday, 2 June 2020, 1:28 PM

Oh wow, you've made me realize what I was doing wrong. I was re-zipping a folder containing the files instead of re-zipping the file.

Adding the line "framework": ">=2.4.0" worked! Thanks a bunch!