Picture of Jonathan Briggs
grunt translate:import --targetLang=de --replace Aborts
by Jonathan Briggs - Wednesday, 3 June 2020, 4:29 PM

I'm working on a project of 50-odd modules (single page courses in adapt speak) moving from English to German and with more than 40 successfully completed I've hit an error at the grunt translate:import --targetLang=de --replace stage with one course stating Warning: Cannot set property 'title' of undefined Use --force to continue. Obviously when you --force it, the task completes but not correctly. I'm using the process detailed at https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_framework/wiki/Course-Localisation

My inclination is that it's something to do with a mis-match between the en and de sets of csv files, but I can't see anything obvious by eye at least.

Does anybody have any deeper experience than me who could point me in the right direction?

Picture of Oliver Foster
Re: grunt translate:import --targetLang=de --replace Aborts
by Oliver Foster - Wednesday, 3 June 2020, 6:16 PM

Try using your src/ folder with the latest framework grunt/ folder and running the commands again. It may give slightly better warnings.

You may then be able to use the languagefiles and src/course from the newer framework back in your older framework.

The translate tasks have been completely rewritten in the later frameworks but they still use the same json and properties.schema formats.

It is impossible to help otherwise without a copy of your course.

Picture of Jonathan Briggs
by Jonathan Briggs - Wednesday, 3 June 2020, 6:58 PM

Thanks very much – I'll give that a go

Picture of Oliver Foster
by Oliver Foster - Thursday, 4 June 2020, 8:22 AM

You'll need to download and npm install the newer framework to get the grunt folder and its associated node_modules folder. The node_modules folder and the package.json have the right dependencies for each grunt folder.