Picture of Mike Stevens
Adapt Framework 5 not store responses on return using bookmark for SCORM Cloud
by Mike Stevens - Thursday, 9 July 2020, 9:09 PM

Hi have have been using the new Framework 5.6.1 with AAT 0.10.3. I built out a test course using the MCQ component and TextInput also. In the component I have checked off the following:

√ Display Model Answer
√ Display Feedback 
√ Display Marking 
√ Display Attempts 
√ Record interaction 

When I upload the course to SCORM Cloud and answer the Question components correct or incorrect then close the course and come back into it using bookmarking. It tells me I have completed the component but doesn't show me my answers as it use to in Framework 4?

I have checked record interaction so should be showing me my results. Here is the demo Published course...

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Adapt Framework 5 not store responses on return using bookmark for SCORM Cloud
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 10 July 2020, 9:31 AM

I have checked record interaction so should be showing me my results.

Actually it's the 'Store question state' setting - but you've set that correctly. Not quite sure what's doing on here but I'll try it out for myself today and see if I can figure out where it's going wrong.

Picture of Mike Stevens
Re: Adapt Framework 5 not store responses on return using bookmark for SCORM Cloud
by Mike Stevens - Friday, 10 July 2020, 1:13 PM

Oh right thanks Matt for looking into for me. I tested with a similar course using Framework 4 with all the same settings and it was fine on SCORM Cloud. 

I also checked the Spoor to make sure everything was set but nothing seemed to make a difference unfortunately. 

Good news is it is keep the progress level of the course

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 10 July 2020, 3:49 PM

OK I think I know what's wrong - it's a similar instance of this issue.

If you create a course using the Authoring Tool, the setting 'reset on revisit' gets set to "false" (string) rather than false (boolean).

If this value is checked using 'strict equality' then unfortunately "false" !== false and certain bits of code won't run, in this case, the part of the spoor plugin that's responsible for picking out questions whose answers need to be stored in the suspend data so that they can be restored in subsequent sessions.

I think it may have actually been fixed (or at least is just no longer a problem) by this change. It just hasn't been released yet. I'll try and do that for you shortly. Once I've done that, would you be able to re-test and let me know if it works?

Picture of Mike Stevens
by Mike Stevens - Friday, 10 July 2020, 5:53 PM

Oh I see makes sense. Thanks so much for looking into for me. I have had similar issues coding out things like that as usually they are in double quotes except when it comes to numbers and in this case true or false.

Just a side note that you guys have done a great job with Framework 5, it feels like it is running quicker too on course loads and looks great too! Awesome work! I just need to get my head around ES6 but makes sense to go in that direction. Thanks again Matt for your help as usual!

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 10 July 2020, 7:10 PM

Yeah it's a bit of an annoying one - the valid values for that property are: "soft", "hard", true (effectively same as 'hard') and false - but unfortunately the AAT can't cope with having two different data types for a property like that; we decided to go with making them all string values but clearly failed to spot one or two knock-on side effects of that!

Very glad to hear you're liking v5! Hopefully the next ground-breaking item on the FW roadmap will be the ability to use ReactJS to create components, see this example for the accordion component. That's going to be a game-changer...

Spoor v3.4.0 now released, if you have time to give it a try and let me know how you get on that'd be really useful...

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 10 July 2020, 7:15 PM

Almost all the credit for the amazing changes in the recent v5 releases should go to Oliver Foster who's done an incredible job of putting all this new stuff in place whilst keeping compatibility with all the existing v5 stuff... genuinely brilliant work.

Picture of Mike Stevens
by Mike Stevens - Friday, 10 July 2020, 8:20 PM

Thanks that did the trick! I will take a look at the ReactJS accordion version sounds cool! Oliver has done amazing work!