Picture of Jon Ewing
Re: Authoring Tool: server does not "start listening"
by Jon Ewing - Wednesday, 12 August 2020, 6:10 PM

At this stage I think I have taken one step forward and two back.

I completely uninstalled and reinstalled MongoDB and Node.js and then started afresh, installing the Adapt framework.

As before, the framework runs fine with the default course on port 9000.

But installing the adapt_authoring tool on Windows Server 2012 is just not working for me. I can now get slightly less close to completion than before - I have tried deleting and recreating the adapt-tenant-master database and running through the whole process multiple times but now it stalls every time it reaches the bit where it says “Now we need to configure the master tenant. Tip: just press ENTER to accept the default value in brackets”.

When I look at the database in Compass I can see that it only creates three collections - roles, sessions and users. These are created instantaneously. I have tried leaving it for up to an hour, just in case, but it never does anything after creating those first three collections.

Any suggestions? Maybe something I can do to ensure I do a completely clean uninstall and re-install? Anything I can look for in the Event Viewer that might give me a clue? I see nothing in the Event Viewer when I run "node install". Any known Windows Server issues that cause problems or conflicts with Adapt Authoring?

As I said before, the Adapt framework is working fine. And I have installed the framework and Authoring Tool successfully on Windows 10 on my network, so I am confident I am following the installation instructions correctly and to the letter, but when it doesn't work, I don't have enough information to make an informed decision about how to fix it.

Any suggestions welcome!