Picture of SHAUN RAFFERTY
Block/Component Padding
by SHAUN RAFFERTY - Monday, 17 August 2020, 1:27 PM

Hi guys still really new to adapt, and I'm building in the authoring tool. 

Mostly i think I'm understanding things my main issue relates to padding, especially on text components within a block, i cant seem to minimise the padding that it gives to the text, hitting f12 i see it has a padding of 80px, is there a way I'm missing to have more control over this, I've tried setting the article padding to minimal in the setting but it has no effect, can you also control the padding similarly to the graphics too? i cant seem to find any help so any would really help as I'm working for a big client.

I hope you can help

Picture of Ailiniyazi Maimaiti
Re: Block/Component Padding
by Ailiniyazi Maimaiti - Tuesday, 18 August 2020, 8:18 AM

Hi Shaun, there is no options for the paddings in adapt authoring tool, 

Easiest solution is making changes to the paddings with CSS at  'Custom CSS/LESS code' area in 'Project settings'.

by SHAUN RAFFERTY - Tuesday, 18 August 2020, 9:28 AM

Hi, but how do you change the paddings in the css, ive tried adding this

remove-padding-top remove-padding-bottom

to the class field before but not much luck, can you please help as to what i need to put in and where please?

Picture of John Niezen
by John Niezen - Tuesday, 18 August 2020, 11:10 AM

We modified the theme to our likes, and renamed it. if you check around there a little you see what you can do to change padding, fonts colors, etc.

Use that modified theme in your modules.

by SHAUN RAFFERTY - Tuesday, 18 August 2020, 11:53 AM

What theme did you modify? which one allows you to change the padding, the one i'm in now only allows minimal padding (80px which is big) does it let you modify blocks/components padding?

Picture of John Niezen
by John Niezen - Tuesday, 18 August 2020, 12:34 PM

We modified the Vanilla theme, and you have to use the files in that theme. basicaly using a text editor or alike.