Picture of SHAUN RAFFERTY
padding
by SHAUN RAFFERTY - Monday, 17 August 2020, 7:32 PM

Hi guys, I'm using the authoring tool from learning pool,

cant seem to get to how to control the padding on blocks, please can you guys help i don't know code, and if so can someone advise, can you add code to the style editor in the authoring tool to solve this can anyone help??

as you can see the issue is the green area with 80px when i use f12 to inspect

Picture of Jonathan Briggs
Re: padding
by Jonathan Briggs - Monday, 17 August 2020, 8:34 PM

One approach is to create a class in the custom css of the course and then put that in the article. You might create something that works on .block-inner as your inspection shows and overrides the standard padding. 

by SHAUN RAFFERTY - Monday, 17 August 2020, 9:14 PM

what custom css class do i add i've never done this before sorry can i copy and paste it into the custom css section, any help would be amazing

by SHAUN RAFFERTY - Monday, 17 August 2020, 9:16 PM

what needs to be written in the css to override it? can this be used on blocks/components as text components seem to be bad for the padding and graphics

Picture of Jonathan Briggs
by Jonathan Briggs - Tuesday, 18 August 2020, 9:20 AM

Haha – well that's the multi-million-dollar question! In all seriousness, writing css is going to be critical to your building up the look and feel that you want for courses, or that clients need. Generally you'll either have custom css in the course and / or hardwire customisations to a theme in the back end through the .less – it's all about developing the right policy to go where you need to go and it'd take time to work that out.

It's kinda a big subject that bigger than a thread on a forum. You can e-mail me through here if you want to discuss separately. 

Jonathan

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 18 August 2020, 11:59 AM

I'm using the authoring tool from learning pool

You should probably get in touch with Learning Pool regarding this, email is support@learningpool.com I think