Picture of Matt Leathes
Adapt v5.7.0 released!
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 25 August 2020, 5:37 PM

I'm pleased to announce that we've just released v5.7.0 of the Adapt Framework!

I don't normally do announcements on the forums for anything other than major releases, but there were a couple of things in this release I thought were worth calling out.

Firstly, we've added a new command grunt compress that will optimise all the graphics in your build folder for web delivery - because it's always a good idea to optimise your graphics, even more so at the moment with many learners still working from home!

Secondly, after much discussion, we decided to change the default behaviour of the submit button on question components in Adapt so that it is disabled until the learner makes a valid selection (or the default selection is already valid, in the case of components like Slider).

For those who prefer the old-style submit-enabled-by-default behaviour, you can use the new instructionError plugin to restore it.

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Adapt v5.7.0 released!
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 25 August 2020, 5:55 PM

Oh, it also allows you to exclude plugins from the 'production' build so, if you like to use something like adapt-devtools during development (you should, it's really useful!), you can ensure it won't be included when you do grunt build by adding this to config.json:

"build": {
    "productionExcludes": [
        "adapt-devtools"
    ]
}