Picture of Chris Gillison
DragnDrop in framework 5
by Chris Gillison - Tuesday, 1 September 2020, 4:40 PM

Hi all. Firstly thanks to everyone who helped in getting Framework 5 off the ground. Adapt is a fantastic thing.

Does anyone have an idea why for adapt-dragndrop the submit/feedback buttons aren't appearing in Framework 5.

I've logged the issue on GitHub, but was wondering whether anyone else might have an inkling/suggestion in the meantime to get me up & running.

Many thanks.

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: DragnDrop in framework 5
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 1 September 2020, 6:12 PM

The simple answer - as I guess from this you've already figured out - is that it hasn't been updated for Adapt FW v5 yet.

As for the buttons not appearing it'll be because, in v5, this div's class name needs to be btn__container - but there will likely be quite a few other changes needed in order to update it for full v5 compatibility.

by Chris Gillison - Wednesday, 2 September 2020, 7:11 AM

Thanks Matt.

Happy to say I managed to get it working (at least it appears to be!).The btn__container div needed to be moved outside the component-widget div too.

Picture of Oliver Foster
by Oliver Foster - Wednesday, 2 September 2020, 8:25 AM

Can you try it with the latest Adapt Framework on the master branch please?

I have a feeling this recently approved pull request might fix the issue https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_framework/commit/90dc249bb3444988fa0c69d517ebb347aeea08a4

Plus above fixes might still be needed.

Warm regards,

Ollie

by Chris Gillison - Thursday, 3 September 2020, 10:42 AM

Happy to Ollie.

To clarify, though, I set up a test project last week (25.08.20) using adapt create course (package.json is saying version 5.6.1). With a few tweaks, dragndrop is now working fine.

I see the current FW version is 5.7.0. Do you want me to try my tweaked version of DnD in it, or an 'untweaked' version downloaded from GitHub?

Picture of Oliver Foster
by Oliver Foster - Thursday, 3 September 2020, 1:34 PM

Yes please.

I think I may have broken it previously and a fix for my mistake went out in 5.7.0

Picture of Mike Stevens
by Mike Stevens - Thursday, 3 September 2020, 2:13 PM

Hi I had forked and fixed this component for Framework 5 if any one wants to give it a go. Here is the link...

https://github.com/zarek3333/adapt-dragndrop

Picture of Muthu selvan Ramalingam
by Muthu selvan Ramalingam - Friday, 4 September 2020, 7:46 PM

Hi Ollie,

I am testing the dragndrop plugin with FW5.7 and when I enable the _scrollingContainer  option in config.json, it scrolls the page whenever I drag an answer. After further research, `_fixJQuery` module in scrolling.js causing this issue (working fine when I comment the `$.fn.offset` override). I couldn't figure out the root cause of this problem. (this isn't a problem with Adapt4 even though I use iosscroll extension where I see similar jQuery offset override).

Also, I am thinking LMS usually embed the course in iframe/frameset, so should I enable _scrollingContainer this option always? 

Thank you,

Muthu