Picture of Uttam Shinde
Adapt Extension
by Uttam Shinde - Thursday, 3 September 2020, 6:17 PM

Hello Experts, I started using Adapt and my first assignment is to test published scorm file in sap succesafactor. I wanted to understand what all extension is required or must need to be used in adapt to make sure scorm file work in LMS? I know bookmarking and scorm tracking extension.But apart from those what are must use extension for any e-learning course?
Picture of Chuck Lorenz
Re: Adapt Extension
by Chuck Lorenz - Thursday, 3 September 2020, 7:20 PM

Hi Uttam. Welcome to Adapt. Hope you enjoy it enough to return to share your expertise when you feel more confident.

The SCORM tracking plug-in is called Spoor. Only Spoor is required. As with all core plug-ins, you can find explanations about its configuration on the plug-in's README in its Github repo. Bookmarking actually is not required for SCORM to work, but Spoor is required for it to work. 

Depending on your course, you may want/need some other plug-ins:

• Page Level Progress is sometimes used to signal which components have been completed.
  • If you use any of the question components, you'll want to use Tutor in order to provide feedback.
  • If you use question components as an assessment (not merely as intermittent "knowledge-checks"), you'll want to use Assessment. And frequently Assessment Results is used to display assessment feedback including numeric results.
  • And Trickle is frequently used in conjunction with questions and assessments to focus attention.

I think this is more than you asked for. Hope some of it helps. I'm trusting someone else will jump in if I overlooked something.

Picture of Uttam Shinde
by Uttam Shinde - Monday, 7 September 2020, 9:08 AM

Hi Chuck,

I really appreciate your quick response on this.I understood page level progress extension but need few examples on

Tutor, Assessment,Assessment results,Trickle,can background and resources.

Please help me understanding

Tutor:Is this mean if learner submit answer this extension help to show feedback on that question?

Assessment: To create assessment in Adapt?

Assessment Results:To show pass/fail ?

Trickle and Background: Need more clarity.

I will be working on building course with assessment and I believe I need  to use all above mentioned extension?

Thanks,

Uttam shinde

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 7 September 2020, 9:46 AM

If you look at the README file for any plugin it will have a description of what it does, for example: https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt-contrib-assessmentResults/blob/master/README.md

Picture of Uttam Shinde
by Uttam Shinde - Monday, 7 September 2020, 2:44 PM

Hi Matt,

Sorry to say but I am in bit confusion even after reading those Github information.and hoping to get clarified my doubts from experts who already using it.

I have used assessment ,bookmarking,progres bar,tutor extension but I am not understanding where I can see its effect in course.

Because I have 4 question in my course but bookmarking not working.and even I dont have retry assessment option .

Am I missing somethings?

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 7 September 2020, 4:20 PM

Tutor:Is this mean if learner submit answer this extension help to show feedback on that question?

Yes, it shows the feedback in a popup.

Assessment: To create assessment in Adapt?

Yes

Assessment Results:To show pass/fail ?

Yes. This also has the 'retry assessment' functionality. You can actually see that in the screenshot here.

Trickle

I'm not sure I can give you a better explanation than the one in the README. maybe also look at the demo animated gif in there?

and Background

I don't know what this is.

Have you looked at the demo course here? Most of what you are asking about is in there.

I will be working on building course with assessment and I believe I need  to use all above mentioned extension?

You don't need to use Trickle but most people like to use it to make Adapt show the assessment questions one at a time so that the learner can't miss one.