Picture of Joel Lai
Optional Page Selection Setting
by Joel Lai - Wednesday, 4 November 2020, 3:21 AM

Hi Adapt Community!

I am developing a course in Adapt Authoring Tool and the page structure is as below:
  1. 1. Intro
  2. 2. General Conditions
  3. 3. Choose between one of section A/B/C
  4. 4. Conclusion
For part 3, we want the users to select one of the sections applicable to them only.
For example if they are select section B, they do not need to complete section A or C.
In other words, we want either one of section A/B/C to be mandatory. This is so that users can get 100% course completion, even though they did not complete the remaining 2 sections.

I understand we can tick 'is this optional' in Adapt. But if we do this for all 3 sections, it means that users can choose to skip all sections A/B/C. We want it to be mandatory to select at least 1 of the 3 sections.

As of now, I am only aware of the 'is this optional' setting, where we can apply it to the 3 sections. However, this may allow users the choice to skip all 3 sections, which is what we want to avoid.

May I know is there any other settings in Adapt Authoring Tool, which makes it mandatory for the user to select 1 of the 3 sections to be completed? If there aren't such settings, is there any other suggestions?

Appreciate any feedback you guys have, thank you! :)