Picture of Mark Baldwin
Internet Explorer 11 ESR issue
by Mark Baldwin - Thursday, 10 December 2020, 3:22 PM

Hi. We have a SCORM course that has been published and hosted on ESR for a client. They're having an issue when using Internet Explorer 11 where the course is not displaying any of the activities with popups properly (MCQ feedback, Hotgraphics, etc).

I have tested myself using IE11 and the feedback popups work, althought a little slower than expected.

In the browser console, we're seeing the following error produced: 

WARN: DEPRECATED NOTIFY DEPRECATED: Adapt.trigger('notify:popup', notifyObject); is no longer supported, please use Adapt.notify.popup(notifyObject);

We're using Adapt authoring tool 0.10.5. (with Adapt framework v5.7.1), on an iMac. All components, plugins and extensions have been updated to latest versions.

Any advice is very welcome, especially on how to rectify the above deprecated warning above.

Thank you.

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Internet Explorer 11 ESR issue
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 11 December 2020, 10:54 AM

https://www.programmerinterview.com/technical-vocabulary/what-is-deprecated-code/

What is 'ESR'?

Picture of Mark Baldwin
by Mark Baldwin - Monday, 14 December 2020, 6:55 AM

Apologies, ESR is the NHS hub system called Electronic Staff Record.

Picture of Paul Steven
by Paul Steven - Monday, 14 December 2020, 7:44 AM

We create Adapt content for ESR too and have not come across this issue but we have not yet started developing in V5.

It sounds like possibly one of your plugins is still using old code - what plugins are you using in this course?

I am sure one of the core Adapt team will be able to offer better help but the following may provide some insight: https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_framework/wiki/Core-modules#notify

Adapt.trigger('notify:popup', popupObject);// if using Adapt FW v4.3.0 or earlier

Adapt.notify.popup(popupObject);// if using Adapt FW v4.4.0 or later (the above will still work but will be removed in a future release)
Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 14 December 2020, 10:32 AM

It does not matter if you are seeing warnings about the old notify stuff.

They're having an issue when using Internet Explorer 11 where the course is not displaying any of the activities with popups properly (MCQ feedback, Hotgraphics, etc).

This is a bit shy on detail... but my first thought is that it might be that this ESR system is displaying Adapt in a frameset or iframe? That's generally the thing most likely to trip Adapt up.

Picture of Paul Steven
by Paul Steven - Monday, 14 December 2020, 10:39 AM

I am fairly sure ESR does display SCORM content in a frameset or iFrame however we have a large number of Adapt courses on ESR and I have had no reports of this issue being reported back to us. Though a warning in the console may not be reported back to us if the courses are functioning correctly otherwise.