Picture of Lisa K
Old assets included in export
by Lisa K - Monday, 25 January 2021, 3:37 PM

Hi everyone,

I've come across the following issue: when exporting a course, old assets that are no longer used in the course show up in the assets folder. A client reported the issue when his course contained twice as many videos as it should have and shortly afterwards, I also had an export that was a lot bigger than it should have been (it contained a lot of images that shouldn't have been there). I did a little testing with an admittedly very small sample size, but it seems that quite often a couple of old images are included in the export. The FW versions of the authoring tools range from 2.0.16 to 2.3.3.

Is this a known issue? Is there any way to avoid it or fix it? Disabling the assets in the asset manager didn't help. When making a new course, I usually use an older course as the base and adjust it as needed, because it's handy to have all of the extensions and settings already there instead of starting from scratch - could that contribute to the issue?

Thanks in advance!

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Old assets included in export
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 25 January 2021, 4:24 PM

What version of the authoring tool are you running?

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Old assets included in export
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 25 January 2021, 4:34 PM

This sounds like it might be a similar/the same issue? https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_authoring/issues/1078