Picture of Jason Wilson
Ability to have a timed quiz?
by Jason Wilson - Tuesday, 9 February 2021, 10:14 PM

Hi guys, using Adapt Author Tool and wondering if there's a way to time a final quiz? EG: Letting a user know they have 15 minutes to complete a quiz of 10 questions?

I can't see any option for this, but unsure if it has been discussed at all.

I did find the following plugin, but it's not quite what we're looking for (and also hasn't been updated in a while).

https://github.com/simondate/adapt-timed-mcq

Thanks! 

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Ability to have a timed quiz?
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 10 February 2021, 10:31 AM

Not that I know of. Such a thing would not be considered accessible (see section 2.2 of the WCAG) and so would be of quite limited use.

Picture of Jason Wilson
by Jason Wilson - Wednesday, 10 February 2021, 10:50 PM

Thanks Matt. I'll pass this info on to my tech writers. As we develop our new way of elearning using Adapt instead of Lectora, it's good to refresh ourselves on things like these.

Picture of Mike Stevens
by Mike Stevens - Wednesday, 10 February 2021, 7:31 PM

Hey Jason,

A while back I was asked by a client to enhance the SubmitAll extension to work with a countdown timer as it was meant to work with Assessments. You could try it out, though I have not used it in a bit of time and may not work with Framework 5 if you are using it. As Matt mentioned timers are not accessible so wouldn't recommend it with that in mind. 

Picture of Jason Wilson
by Jason Wilson - Wednesday, 10 February 2021, 10:51 PM

Thanks, Mike. I'll leave it our writers to see if they want to go down this path, or what Matt says above. I'm just the guy in the trenches building our elearning, haha.