Picture of Saral Sharma
Pipwerks
by Saral Sharma - Wednesday, 10 March 2021, 5:05 PM

Hi,

I noticed Pipwerks allows course to run, even if it doesn't find the LMS connection.

Is it possible to set ADAPT course (or pipworks code) not to run the course if it doesn't find SCORM connection or API?

Please Consider a scenario:

My course is hosted on SCORM Cloud. A learner launch the ADAPT course using invitation link and course launched in new window. Then leaner saves or bookmark the link of new launched window(not invitation link).

Next time learner use the saved link to launch the course again and it gives error message because no LMS connection found. Now if learner clicks OK then it gives error details but runs the course and if learner clicks Cancel then also course works.

Now this is an issue because Learner completes the course and thinks the progress is recorded but SCORM Cloud doesn't record any progress.

If you have any solution or workaround then would be helpful.

Note: I can not launch the course in frameset.

Thanks

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Pipwerks
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 10 March 2021, 6:40 PM

Hi Saral

This was resolved in spoor v3.6.0

Picture of Saral Sharma
by Saral Sharma - Thursday, 11 March 2021, 10:48 AM

Hi Matt,

If I use v3.6.0 do I need to change any attribute too or will it stop showing course by itself(in the absence of LMS connection)?

Thanks for your help,

Saral

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 11 March 2021, 11:22 AM

If you're running the course from a regular web server use index.html to run the course and you won't get any 'could not connect to LMS' errors.

Picture of Saral Sharma
by Saral Sharma - Thursday, 11 March 2021, 12:15 PM

I am running the course from SCORM Cloud LMS as SCORM 1.2 but as I mentioned in my scenario in first post that the Learner launch the course first time from LMS but then they save/bookmark the URL of the Launched window of course.

Next time learner use the bookmarked URL(not LMS URL) and course does not find any LMS connectivity, at that point course should not run, but it does work when learner Cancel the Pipwerks error message.

I will send you the course invitation link shortly.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 11 March 2021, 12:42 PM

Sorry I misunderstood your earlier question. You do not need to do anything to enable this functionality except update to the latest version of the spoor plugin.

Unfortunately all the recent versions of spoor require Adapt FW v5+ or better - but I see from the link you sent me that you are using v4.5.0 so I'm afraid you'd need to update the course to a more recent version of Adapt before you can use this.

Picture of Saral Sharma
by Saral Sharma - Thursday, 11 March 2021, 1:40 PM

Ok thanks for your help,

Cheers,

Saral