Picture of Mike Stevens
Matching Component - Handlebar Error pressing correct answer button
by Mike Stevens - Thursday, 18 March 2021, 6:10 PM

Hi guys just wanted to mention I am getting a handlebar error in the Matching Component Ver4.1.1. When I select my answers and get one or more wrong. When I click on the show correct answer or see my answer button, it gives me an error in console log. Doesn't seem to effect anything but thought I should mention in case it does in the future? Here are my computer and adapt versions below:

System: Windows 10

Browser: Chrome Version 89.0.4389.90

Adapt Framework: 5.12.0

Authoring Tool: 0.10.5

handlebars v4.4.0

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Matching Component - Handlebar Error pressing correct answer button
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 18 March 2021, 7:38 PM

Hmm, that's very odd - it works fine for me using the Framework.

Given that it happens when you click 'correct answer' it's probably something to do with this addition to the Framework. I haven't yet released the version of Matching that has support for this - but it's not supposed to be a problem if the question component doesn't have that functionality, it should just ignore it. And certainly shouldn't trigger a Handlebars error!

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 18 March 2021, 7:57 PM

However, I DO get this error if I press 'correct answer' on an MCQ (that hasn't been updated with support for this)... I can see where I've messed up there (see issue #3089)

Are you sure it's originating from Matching and not MCQ (or GMCQ)?

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 19 March 2021, 3:30 PM

Mike - assuming the source of the error was MCQ/GMCQ, you can resolve this immediately by updating to the latest versions of those two components.

Picture of Mike Stevens
by Mike Stevens - Friday, 19 March 2021, 4:38 PM

Thanks Matt I will try that out. It was with the Matching component, but I will delete and try reinstalling that one when I upgrade the other 2, maybe it will sort it's self out or something on my end. Appreciate the help and have your self a good start to spring!