Picture of Sherri Fricker
SubmitAll
by Sherri Fricker - Monday, 22 March 2021, 10:30 PM

Hello,

I am trying to use the SubmitAll plug-in https://github.com/cgkineo/adapt-submitAll#adapt-submitall and can't seem to get it working as expected. I have enabled it for the article that contains the questions and have tried with telling which block to appear after and leaving this blank. The submit buttons are gone for the individual questions but I don't get a Submit or Submit button after the set of questions.

Sherri

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: SubmitAll
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 23 March 2021, 10:03 AM

I used it on a project just last week without any problem.

The latest version requires a minimum Adapt Framework version of v5.8+ - could that be your issue?

by Sherri Fricker - Tuesday, 23 March 2021, 3:21 PM

Currently, we’re on
  • Authoring Tool v0.10.5
  • Framework v5.9.0

I work directly in the authoring tool.

Are there other extensions that need to be enabled/disabled in order for this to work?

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 23 March 2021, 4:06 PM

No. All that is required is to 'enable' it for the relevant article.

You don't need to set anything for 'Insert Submit after block' unless you need the 'submit all' button to appear somewhere other than at the end of the article.

by Sherri Fricker - Tuesday, 23 March 2021, 4:51 PM

That is weird then because it is definitely not working for me

by Sherri Fricker - Tuesday, 23 March 2021, 5:19 PM

Here are some screenshots from my course. Is there something missing?

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 23 March 2021, 6:10 PM

Nothing obvious, assuming that block id is correct. You can probably leave that blank.

If you preview the course, do you see any JavaScript errors in the console?

by Sherri Fricker - Tuesday, 23 March 2021, 6:57 PM

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 () - shows beside /favicon.ico:1

adapt.min.js:1 WARN: DEPRECATED 'components' appears pluralized or contains uppercase characters, suggest using the singular, lowercase type group 'component'. - shows beside adapt.min.js:1

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 23 March 2021, 9:30 PM

Nothing to be concerned about there. If you can do an Export Source and PM me the zip file I can take a quick look.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 23 March 2021, 9:33 PM

You could also quickly try doing a ‘force rebuild’ on the course. It’s the little arrow next to - I think - the Preview button 

by Sherri Fricker - Tuesday, 23 March 2021, 10:39 PM

It's not a private file. Hope you can help! I could not figure out how to PM.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 24 March 2021, 10:44 AM

Ah OK I see now. There's a bug in the version of the Framework you've got installed in your Authoring Tool, it's preventing this extension from working properly.

This issue was fixed in v5.11.0 - so you can either update to that or wait until I've released v5.12.1 - hopefully later today.

by Sherri Fricker - Wednesday, 24 March 2021, 2:08 PM

Thank you so much for your help!

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 25 March 2021, 10:36 AM

Adapt FW v5.12.1 is out now by the way

Picture of K Edison
by K Edison - Thursday, 19 October 2023, 3:16 PM

Hi Matt,

I am using framework version 5.33.1 and trying to use the SubmitAll component. 

Can you tell me where exactly I should place this:  ,"_submitAll":{"_isEnabled": true,"_insertAfterBlock": ""}

article.json

[{"_id":"a-05","_parentId":"co-05","_type":"article","_classes":"","title":"a-05","displayTitle":"","body":"","instruction":""},

{"_id":"a-10","_parentId":"co-10","_type":"article","_classes":"","title":"a-10","displayTitle":"","body":"","instruction":""},

{"_id":"a-15","_parentId":"co-15","_type":"article","_classes":"","title":"a-15","displayTitle":"","body":"","_assessment":{"_isEnabled":true,"_id":"a-15","_suppressMarking":false,"_scoreToPass":75,"_correctToPass":75,"_isPercentageBased":true,"_includeInTotalScore":true,"_assessmentWeight":1,"_isResetOnRevisit":true,"_attempts":"infinite","_allowResetIfPassed":false,"_scrollToOnReset":false,"_banks":{"_isEnabled":true,"_split":"2,2","_randomisation":true},"_randomisation":{"_isEnabled":false,"_blockCount":1},"_questions":{"_resetType":"hard","_canShowFeedback":false,"_canShowMarking":false,"_canShowModelAnswer":false}},"_trickle":{"_isEnabled":false,"_button":{"_isEnabled":true,"startText":"Continue"}}},

{"_id":"a-20","_parentId":"co-15","_type":"article","_classes":"","title":"a-20","displayTitle":"","body":""}]

Also I installed it as a components and not extension, is this correct?

Thanks

Kelly

Picture of Ignacio Cinalli
by Ignacio Cinalli - Thursday, 19 October 2023, 3:51 PM

Hi Kelly, adapt-submitAll is an extension, you should add it in the extensions folder.
Then in the articles.json file you can add like this:

{ "_id": "a-15", "_parentId": "co-15", "_type": "article", "_classes": "", "title": "a-15", "displayTitle": "", "body": "", "_assessment": { "_isEnabled": true, "_id": "a-15", "_suppressMarking": false, "_scoreToPass": 75, "_correctToPass": 75, "_isPercentageBased": true, "_includeInTotalScore": true, "_assessmentWeight": 1, "_isResetOnRevisit": true, "_attempts": "infinite", "_allowResetIfPassed": false, "_scrollToOnReset": false, "_banks": { "_isEnabled": true, "_split": "2,2", "_randomisation": true }, "_randomisation": { "_isEnabled": false, "_blockCount": 1 }, "_questions": { "_resetType": "hard", "_canShowFeedback": false, "_canShowMarking": false, "_canShowModelAnswer": false } }, "_trickle": { "_isEnabled": false, "_button": { "_isEnabled": true, "startText": "Continue" } }, "_submitAll": { "_isEnabled": true, "_insertAfterBlock": "" } }
Picture of K Edison
by K Edison - Thursday, 19 October 2023, 4:43 PM

Hi Ignacio,

Thanks so much, I'll try that :)

Kelly