Picture of Dev King
External notification for Assessment Complete
by Dev King - Thursday, 15 April 2021, 12:16 PM

Hello all!  I am a new user with Adapt AT, v0.10.5.  I'm setting up some courses with the xAPI extension and an LRS.

At the end of a course, I'd very much like to tell my LMS that it can update the student's progress.  Is there a current way to execute some arbitrary code when the assessment is complete, so I can, for instance, run a CURL function with a URL+parameters to clue-in my wordpress plugin?

Thanks!

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: External notification for Assessment Complete
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 15 April 2021, 2:03 PM

Possibly https://github.com/Acutilis/adapt-trackingHub but I've never used it myself so I cant' be sure.

What you want to do is fairly straightforward though so if you're comfortable with JavaScript you could build a plugin to handle this.

There's a list of events triggered by the assessment plugin here.

You'll probably find it easier to do development like this using the Framework directly, then make it authoring tool compatible once you've got it work in the Framework.

There are chat rooms here if you need some support.

Picture of Dev King
by Dev King - Thursday, 15 April 2021, 3:14 PM

Thank you!

The trackingHub looks promising -- I will explore that today.  I've yet to make any extensions -- the overhead is intimidating.

I'm a little surprised this kind of thing isn't off-the-shelf?  How does an LMS normally know when an Adapt course has been completed?

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 15 April 2021, 3:57 PM

How does an LMS normally know when an Adapt course has been completed?

Via SCORM* - but you said 'I'm setting up some courses with the xAPI extension and an LRS'.

Typically most courses will be hosted on a SCORM 1.2 LMS and track entirely using SCORM or be hosted on an LRS and track via xAPI.

In theory it is possible to run your course from an LMS as SCORM and have it send tracking statements to an LRS via xAPI as well - but that's not really cropped up as a use-case yet so I'm pretty sure we don't have support for that.

* which is implemented in Adapt via the confusingly-named spoor plugin.

Picture of Dev King
by Dev King - Monday, 19 April 2021, 1:38 AM

The master portion of the tracking hub triggers...

Error: This plugin is incompatible with version 5.12.2 of the Adapt framework.

on trying to upload in the AT.

I've been hoping to avoid setting up a git account and working how how to use the frameworks and registering an extension just to get something like Adapt.listenTo(Adapt,'assessments:complete',myFunction); in the code somewhere.

I'm thinking forking off the adapt.contrib.xapi might be a thing?

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 19 April 2021, 9:44 AM

You don't need to set up a Github account.

I'm thinking forking off the adapt.contrib.xapi might be a thing?

Honestly very hard to say at this point since it's not really clear what your setup is and what you're trying to do (see my earlier post)