Picture of Ralf Heumann
Voice Over functionality / Statistics Dashboard
by Ralf Heumann - Wednesday, 5 May 2021, 9:39 AM

Hi, I've just started getting into the Adapt Learning Framework and while tinkering around with the authoring tool I was wondering how it is possible to add voice over functionality to the components. It should be linked to the Trickle Extension and unlock the button to the next article only after the voice over has been played. I have seen this in some of the showcases (e.g. https://showcase.astute-elearning.com/Content/MicroLearning/SCORM/ScormPlayerInline.aspx?moduleId=817&lessonId=6778930) and this would be an important feature for our e-learnings. Is there any extension / documentation / information on how to achieve this?

Also, I would like to know if there is some kind of built-in statistics dashboard that could give us some information about the users, such as:
- Number of participations
- Number of courses completed
- dropout rate
just to name a few.

Thanks in advance!

Picture of Andrew Lian
Re: Voice Over functionality / Statistics Dashboard
by Andrew Lian - Wednesday, 5 May 2021, 10:04 AM

I am even more of a beginner but that kind of functionality and information would be great.

Andrew

Picture of Oliver Foster
by Oliver Foster - Wednesday, 5 May 2021, 10:14 AM

Hi Ralf,

Re Statistics Dashboard:
The Adapt Authoring Tool (AAT) is an editor for constructing and publishing SCORM (and other) compliant courses (using the Adapt Framework) for upload to a Learning Management System (LMS). The AAT therefore has no functionality for use in a live course once the course is uploaded to an LMS. You would need to use the features of the LMS (which are exactly as you've asked for) or use a secondary system to collect, measure and display those statistics.

Re Audio:
There are a few audio extensions and plugins available for Adapt Framework. The behaviour you need may  require custom changes in the Framework core and trickle. You will need a programmer familiar with the various parts of the AAT and Framework.

I hope that helps?

Ollie.

Picture of Andrew Lian
by Andrew Lian - Wednesday, 5 May 2021, 10:57 AM

Thank you Ollie (and sorry Ralf for interjecting in your conversation) but is the Adapt Authoring Tool  (AAT) different from the system that runs at localhost:5000 ? From the way that you write, it seems that it may be, but my impression was (and is) that it is actually the same thing.

Thank you

Andrew

Picture of Oliver Foster
by Oliver Foster - Wednesday, 5 May 2021, 11:21 AM

Hi Andrew,

That is the Adapt Authoring Tool user interface, which runs through a local nodejs web server on port 5000 and is displayed in your browser.

The AAT effectively provides a user interface through which to construct the JSON documents, assemble the required plugins and build an e-learning course with the Adapt Framework into a distributable SCO.

A SCO is a zip file of e-learning course content and its associated manifest files for upload to an LMS.

Using the Adapt Framework it is possible to assemble the plugins and construct the JSON documents, by hand, to produce a SCO without the help of the AAT.

Ollie.

Picture of Andrew Lian
by Andrew Lian - Wednesday, 5 May 2021, 11:51 AM

Thank you Ollie.

That's what I thought - got it.

Cheers

Andrew