Picture of Jason Wilson
Major Author Tool assessment issues - help required please!
by Jason Wilson - Monday, 10 May 2021, 11:42 PM

Hi guys, all of a sudden our courses are not talking to our LMS when submitting the quiz results.

I've created a quiz only course that I've attached to this thread - is there a chance that someone could test it to see if it is something to do with the course and not our LMS?

I'm unsure exactly what has happened. I've not changed anything in our template - the only real change I can think of is Adapt/node/etc. updates, of which there has been one or two since the template was built.

The LMS we use is Sumtotal.

I've also attached the Chrome console details when running the course - it looks like the questions are being marked correctly, but I'm not up to speed on SCORM to see where the communication to the LMS comes in (presumably at the end?).

Appreciate any help on this, as we've recently just built some important courses for our users, and if Adapt is still a bit flaky, we may need to find another tool to use (which I'd definitely prefer not to).

Picture of Jason Wilson
Re: Major Author Tool assessment issues - help required please!
by Jason Wilson - Tuesday, 11 May 2021, 12:00 AM

From what I gather, the issue has something to do with the following error message:

adapt.min.js:formatted:13526 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '1' of undefined
at adapt.min.js:formatted:13526
at Array.reduce (<anonymous>)
at StatefulSession.printCompletionInformation (adapt.min.js:formatted:13524)
at StatefulSession.saveSessionState (adapt.min.js:formatted:13498)
at StatefulSession.onAssessmentComplete (adapt.min.js:formatted:13569)
at p (backbone.min.js:2)
at v (backbone.min.js:2)
at u (backbone.min.js:2)
at AdaptSingleton.a.trigger (backbone.min.js:2)
at Object.<anonymous> (adapt.min.js:formatted:10779)

And on line 13526, this is the code:

var mark = item[2][1][0] ? "1" : "0";

Picture of Paul Steven
by Paul Steven - Tuesday, 11 May 2021, 7:51 AM

Hi Jason

What version of the AT are you using?

I am not sure why you are getting that error. I created a similar course and did not get this error:

I am using the following:

info [11 May 21 08:44:50 +01:00] Adapt authoring tool 0.10.5.
info [11 May 21 08:44:50 +01:00] Adapt framework 5.13.0.

I assume you have tried force rebuilding it.

Would you be able to export your source and share it here and I can try importing it to the AT at this end.

Cheers

Paul

Picture of Jason Wilson
by Jason Wilson - Tuesday, 11 May 2021, 9:37 PM

Hi Paul, thanks for the response. I did attach a sample course, which you should be able to see in my first post.

We initially did think it was the LMS, but looks like it is a combination of issues.

I did manage to fix it, but TBH, other than rebuilding the course, I selected "Store question state", which was not initially selected.

Adapt authoring tool 0.10.5.

Adapt framework 5.13.0.

Picture of Oliver Foster
by Oliver Foster - Tuesday, 11 May 2021, 8:24 AM

This is a bug in the spoor plugin. Fixed by this pr https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt-contrib-spoor/pull/216

The quickest fix without waiting for the pr to be accepted and released, is to turn on `_shouldStoreResponses` https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_framework/blob/master/src/course/config.json#L57

https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt-contrib-spoor/blob/master/properties.schema#L46 It's called 'Store Question State' in the Authoring Tool

(This is entirely my fault. Apologies.)

Picture of Paul Steven
by Paul Steven - Tuesday, 11 May 2021, 9:43 AM

I turned off Store Question State in my test course and I now get:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '1' of undefined
at adapt.min.js:1
at Array.reduce (<anonymous>)
at StatefulSession.printCompletionInformation (adapt.min.js:1)
at StatefulSession.saveSessionState (adapt.min.js:1)
at a (underscore.min.js:6)
at underscore.min.js:6

Picture of Jason Wilson
by Jason Wilson - Tuesday, 11 May 2021, 9:42 PM

Hi Oliver, thanks for the info. As I just mentioned to Paul above, I turned this on - just by trying different things - and it worked.

Once this is fixed, will it be okay to keep that selected? I'm presuming it just keeps the quiz question response saved if they go back into the quiz to retry (if they fail the quiz the first time)?

Edit: Also, when we do get Adapt updates, is there a changelog somewhere, so we can see what has been added/fixed/etc.?

Picture of Oliver Foster
by Oliver Foster - Wednesday, 12 May 2021, 7:27 AM

> Once this is fixed, will it be okay to keep that selected?

Yes

> I'm presuming it just keeps the quiz question response saved if they go back into the quiz to retry (if they fail the quiz the first time)?

All question responses are kept if you've not configured them to reset. Assessments only if you've configured them not to reset.

Also, when we do get Adapt updates, is there a changelog somewhere, so we can see what has been added/fixed/etc.?

Each plugin and the framework has a release history on github. https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_framework/releases

I'm glad it worked.

Picture of Jason Wilson
by Jason Wilson - Wednesday, 12 May 2021, 9:26 PM

Great, thanks Oliver.