Picture of Lars Halkjær
Framework v. 5.15.4
by Lars Halkjær - Tuesday, 10 August 2021, 11:52 PM

This Sunday I upgraded my test AT to the latest version and it worked without any problems,

Today (August 10.) I upgraded a production AT to the latest version, but now the course I was working on did not work.
It was stuck on the loading (•••) screen.

I later found out, that none of the courses on the AT worked anymore.

A little too late I found out, that the framework was upgraded to 5.15.4 the day before, and if I removed this new line (the "return" statement) in "data.js":

if (!isLanguageAvailable) {
  language = Adapt.config.get('_defaultLanguage')
  Adapt.config.set('_activeLanguage', language);
  return; <<<<<<<<<<
}

everything worked again.

If I debug and set a breakpoint at this line it breaks, but I cannot track any further activity (loading seems to stop).

I know that this was made to prevent double content loading, but in my case, it seems to result in no content loading at all.

Picture of Caleb Foster
Re: Framework v. 5.15.4
by Caleb Foster - Wednesday, 11 August 2021, 7:19 AM

Hello

We've just spun up a new instance of FW - 5.15.4 / AT - 0.10.5 with no additional plugins, etc.

Have created a new course with just the basic elements and we are getting the same ... when previewing the course.

Is there anything we need to be doing to get the courses to preview or is there a udate to the FW due soon?

Thanks very much

Picture of Mike Stevens
by Mike Stevens - Wednesday, 11 August 2021, 1:02 PM

A temporary fix for me was to add the language extension in with the en, until they are able to fix it in the next commit if you wish to preview your course.

Picture of Caleb Foster
by Caleb Foster - Wednesday, 11 August 2021, 3:03 PM

Hello Mike

Could you let have instructions/screen shot on how you did this so I can apply and test please?

THanks

Caleb

Picture of Oliver Foster
by Oliver Foster - Wednesday, 11 August 2021, 1:49 PM

If you could test and approve this pr we can get it fixed. https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_framework/pull/3225

Picture of Mike Stevens
by Mike Stevens - Wednesday, 11 August 2021, 3:19 PM

Great work Oliver/team! I updated the 3 files helpers.js, data.js & configModel.js and all my courses are previewing again with no issues. Thanks for the fix!

Picture of Oliver Foster
by Oliver Foster - Wednesday, 11 August 2021, 7:25 PM

Would you mind writing that on the pull request please? We have a rule of 3 +1s to get code approved.

Picture of Oliver Foster
by Oliver Foster - Thursday, 12 August 2021, 10:44 AM