Picture of Jason Wilson
Duplicate theme settings in block settings
by Jason Wilson - Thursday, 26 August 2021, 1:00 AM

Hi guys, am currently rebuilding some courses and notice that there are now duplicate theme settings in blocks.

Am using the latest versions (Author tool 0.10.5, Framework 5.16.0).

The top one has "Responsive classes", which I don't recall seeing before. The top settings do not work - you need to insert the settings in the bottom ones to work.

Am using Chrome 92.0.4515.159.

Picture of Jason Wilson
Re: Duplicate theme settings in block settings
by Jason Wilson - Friday, 27 August 2021, 1:16 AM

So there is definitely something up with the background image settings for a block.

As you can see in the screenshot below, I have added a block, and added a text component in that block. I've then added a background image to the block, but it does not display on the front-end.

Would anyone be able to try this as well please, and see if the same issue is occuring?

Strangely, I'm no longer seeing the duplicate theme settings, so not sure if this is a Chrome issue or Adapt issue. I did update the vanilla theme (on which my template is based) to the latest version -  5.7.0 - so not sure if this has something to do with that.

Thanks!

Picture of Mike Stevens
by Mike Stevens - Friday, 27 August 2021, 2:16 PM

Hi Jason,

It works fine for me and I am using Authoring Tool: 0.10.5 & Framework 5.15.5 in Chrome. That said I had to remove the adapt-backgroundSwitcher or parallax-background-switcher extensions as they conflict with this option as they deal with block backgrounds too. Once I removed them from my course it work nicely.

Picture of Jason Wilson
by Jason Wilson - Monday, 30 August 2021, 10:13 PM

Thanks for the reply, Mike. I had the day off and came back to it this morning and it all works, haha. Very strange, but there you go! :)