Picture of Jason Wilson
Can i edit Adapt Author Tool courses in Adapt Framework afterwards?
by Jason Wilson - Wednesday, 15 December 2021, 10:43 PM

Hi guys, just wondering if a course created in Adapt Author Tool can then be edited in the Adapt Framework?

As we cannot use the Language Picker in the Author Tool (I really hope this gets fixed soon), we had the idea of creating two separate language versions of a course and then combining them in the Adapt Framework, so we can add the Language Picker.

Is this possible, and if so, could you please point me in the direction of how to do it?

Thanks for any advice on this.

Picture of Oliver Foster
Re: Can i edit Adapt Author Tool courses in Adapt Framework afterwards?
by Oliver Foster - Thursday, 16 December 2021, 4:47 PM

If you export the course, you get a full copy of the adapt framework source.

Picture of Ignacio Cinalli
by Ignacio Cinalli - Thursday, 16 December 2021, 5:47 PM

Hi Jason, I think if you create two separate courses in the authoring tool you may find it difficult because the adapt models will have different ids. I would try to follow these steps  with the exception that in step 1 you can create the course in the authoring tool and then export it to work in the framework.

Picture of Jason Wilson
by Jason Wilson - Thursday, 16 December 2021, 11:11 PM

Thanks, guys, I got it to work.

This is the process for anyone wanting to use the language picker from the Adapt Author Tool:

1. Create separate language versions of the course in Adapt Author Tool as normal
  2. In the ENG version of the course, activate the Language Picker from Configuration Settings, and add required languages
  3. Publish each language version of the course to SCORM ("Publish Course" button)
  4. Unzip each course and copy the non-ENG language folders from their respective "course" folder, and place them in the ENG "course" folder (you should see the "en" folder for the ENG language course)
  5.  Rezip ENG course and upload to LMS as normal.
Picture of Chuck Lorenz
by Chuck Lorenz - Friday, 17 December 2021, 3:27 AM

If you'd like a fuller explanation with more detailed instructions, check out this article:
https://adapt.tips/combining-courses-to-use-the-language-picker/

Picture of Jason Wilson
by Jason Wilson - Sunday, 19 December 2021, 9:19 PM

Thanks Chuck - I'll be interested to read how you do it, compared to how I got it working.