Picture of Jason Bell
'_isCourseComplete' confused with 'isAssessmentPassed'?
by Jason Bell - Tuesday, 9 September 2014, 8:53 PM

Hi Adapt Team/Community,

When testing vanilla adapt and the default boilerplate course that it produces with our client's Scorm 1.2 LMS, we noticed after going through the entire course the flag for completion was not set. Taking it offline, we ran the course under localhost:9001 where the scorm calls would throw errors and notice upon completing the course that the "_isAssessmentPass" flag was marked true, while the "_isCourseComplete" remained false (see screenshot).

I am not sure if the above items are related, but does bring up the question if Adapt supports Scorm's "cmi.completion_status" and if so, how does one implement course complete status? Thanks!

Picture of Jason Bell
Re: '_isCourseComplete' confused with 'isAssessmentPassed'?
by Jason Bell - Wednesday, 10 September 2014, 3:53 PM

Edit:
- Meant "cmi.core.lesson_status" for SCORM 1.2; not "cmi.completion_status".
- And did stumble upon "https://community.adaptlearning.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=204"

A better questions is, when should the "_isCourseComplete" be set true using the boilerplate course?

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: '_isCourseComplete' confused with 'isAssessmentPassed'?
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 1 October 2014, 1:47 PM

Hi Jason

Sorry about the slow response, I have been off moving house and only just now having time to dip back into these forums again.

_isCourseComplete will get set to true once all the completion criteria have been met.

In the boilerplate course I think is it set so that you both have to complete all components AND pass the assessment (see the 'tracking' section of course/config.json)

Yes it does support cmi.core.lesson_status.

Hope this helps