Picture of Henrik Aabom
MCQ & GMCQ reset answer error
by Henrik Aabom - Wednesday, 2 March 2022, 7:41 AM

Hi

MCQ with 1 selectable answer and 1 or more attempts (not infinite), it is not possible to choose the same answer again after failing the component and resetting it.

Example: A question with answers A (correct),B (incorrect) and C (incorrect) and 3 attempts. User chooses answer B (incorrect), and fails. He then resets the komponent, but now he cannot choose answer B again.

Bonus fact, it is actually possible to select answer B, in the above example, if the user first chooses a different answer.

The same issue repeats on GMCQ.

Framework: 5.18.4

AT: 0.10.5

MCQ: 6.0.0

GMCQ: 6.0.4

/ Henrik

Picture of Dan Gray
Re: MCQ & GMCQ reset answer error
by Dan Gray - Wednesday, 2 March 2022, 10:20 AM

Hi Henrik

It looks like this issue. I believe the only work around at the moment is to not allow same session retry.

Picture of Lars Halkjær
Re: MCQ & GMCQ reset answer error
by Lars Halkjær - Wednesday, 2 March 2022, 1:52 PM

I have experienced that the issue happens whether _canShowModelAnswer is true or not.

I also noticed that I could select the "dead" item using focus + ENTER-key.

It looks like the onChange handler of the input element is not called (McqView.onItemSelect does not get called when clicking on the item, but it does when using the ENTER-key, where McqView.onKeyPress is called, which in turn calls McqView.onItemSelect).

Unfortunately, I am not familiar enough with the finer details of React event handling to pinpoint the problem.