Picture of Nicola Oelmann
Trickle button not appearing
by Nicola Oelmann - Friday, 12 September 2014, 9:28 AM

Hello there,

I've only recently been using Adapt so I'm pretty new to it but so far I haven't come across any problems until now. I'm trying to add in the trickle component for an article, but it just won't work. Is it able to work on pages without an assessment? Or is this integral to the mechanism?

I have added this code at article level (as found on this forum)

"_trickle": {
"_isEnabled":true,
"button": "Continue to next question?"
}

It works, but only partly. It IS hiding the other blocks successfully, but no button appears at the bottom of the screen to continue.

My colleague suggested it was because the first block has only text and graphic components, so the trickle component had nothing to tell it that the block was complete and therefore wasn't rendering correctly. I did try to add a temporary MCQ into my first block to see if it would trigger the trickle component to work - but nothing. I have a media component in the second block and removing this media component did not trigger the trickle component to work either as I am aware there is/was a bug with that. 

Any advice on using trickle successfully would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Nicola

Picture of Dan Gray
Re: Trickle button not appearing
by Dan Gray - Friday, 12 September 2014, 10:36 AM

Hi Nicola

I believe that trickle should work without an assessment. I am also getting similar issues and have raised it as a bug here.

Hopefully we should have a fix for this soon. Thanks for raising this.

Regards
Dan