Picture of Heikki Rantala
Media player video controls invisible
by Heikki Rantala - Friday, 12 May 2023, 2:26 PM

To preface this, I'm no developer, nor do I have a lot of knowledge on Adapt Authoring inner workings. All the help is appreciated.

When using an mp4 video file with the Media component, the video controls are pretty much invisible - see attachment. The screenshot was taken when the cursor was right next to the progress bar, and the black square is the only thing shown when the cursor is hovered over it. Controls do work, but they are not visible. This happens with all the courses using this component, with different video files. Is there a reason for this I am missing, and are there some settings that could be adjusted to make the buttons visible?

Our team is using the following:

Authoring: 0.10.1
Framework: 4.4.0

At the moment, we are unable to update to newer versions, so I'm hoping we could get the media player controls to work in our current version.

Thank you!

Picture of Oliver Foster
Re: Media player video controls invisible
by Oliver Foster - Friday, 12 May 2023, 3:31 PM

You're going to need developer experience to fix that. It looks as though either the icons are missing or the styling has been broken.
Would need a copy of the course to see why.

Picture of Heikki Rantala
Re: Media player video controls invisible
by Heikki Rantala - Tuesday, 23 May 2023, 2:07 PM

Thanks Oliver. I created a dummy course where the problem can be seen with the video controls. Should I upload the source export or the published course?