Picture of Chaabene Emna
Integrate my own SCORM in my own LMS
by Chaabene Emna - Tuesday, 16 September 2014, 4:05 PM

Hello,after some documentation, I need someone to help me please.
So, I want to import and read a package SCORM in my own LMS.How can I do that?

Picture of Stephen Bates
Re: Integrate my own SCORM in my own LMS
by Stephen Bates - Tuesday, 16 September 2014, 4:43 PM

Chaabene,

I believe all you should need to do is to zip the contents of the build folder after running 'grunt build', and then upload to your LMS.

Picture of Chaabene Emna
by Chaabene Emna - Tuesday, 16 September 2014, 4:50 PM

I have a package.zip but how can I make read this package from my LMS.Like in moodle.

I want to know if there is a script to  read a scorm package or I should develop that.

Picture of Kevin Jones
by Kevin Jones - Tuesday, 16 September 2014, 8:46 PM

When you say 'my own LMS' are you referring to any LMS or are you trying to write your own?

Most LMS let you import SCO as standard. If you are trying to roll your own that's a bigger job than it sounds to write a Scorm compliant server with database etc.

if you were going to cheat, then you could write something in node that will unzip the zip package, and launch the index.html, write a spoof JS which will handle the calls from the Scorm wrapper that it expects on the window scope, this is normally injected by an LMS and handles server communication for you. Writing your own Scorm server starts in here. I've never been mad enough to try :)

if the point is to test it

http://www.reload.ac.uk/scormplayer.html

Picture of Chaabene Emna
by Chaabene Emna - Wednesday, 17 September 2014, 7:36 AM

Thank you for your response. So I will try to develop a reader to display the content of SCORM.

I hope find Some codes to help me. Because I hope that my own LMS can read any SCORM

Picture of Kevin Jones
by Kevin Jones - Wednesday, 17 September 2014, 11:55 AM

You did inspire me to look and see if there were any good open source LMS starter packs you could use. 

Did find this https://github.com/instructure/canvas-lms/wiki

Its free to learn from and use as a test case. Not a bad thing to look at if you're going to try and make your own

K