Picture of Rob Mausser
If LMS says course is complete, unlock course and complete all content
by Rob Mausser - Tuesday, 19 December 2023, 9:26 PM

We have an issue where we have updated a course on our LMS from Adapt 4 to 5.

Now, when a learner has completed the course in the Adapt 4 version, while the LMS is passing 

SCORM.data.get('cmi.core.lesson_status')  value: completed

The course is incomplete and locked.

INFO: course._isComplete: false, course._isAssessmentPassed: false, block completion: ----11-11-11100--0000000-0000000010----111111111111-1001111010001010-0111-11111101-1

Is there any way I could force the course to be completed when the core lesson status is set to completed from the LMS?

Thanks

Picture of Oliver Foster
Re: If LMS says course is complete, unlock course and complete all content
by Oliver Foster - Wednesday, 20 December 2023, 9:34 AM

Let me just summarise what I think you're saying:

You had an adaptv4 course on an lms. You uploaded an adaptv5 course over the top of the v4 course. The new course isn't restoring correctly for people who've already completed the v4 course?

Picture of Rob Mausser
by Rob Mausser - Wednesday, 20 December 2023, 3:26 PM

Exactly that. Thanks

Picture of Oliver Foster
by Oliver Foster - Wednesday, 20 December 2023, 5:57 PM

We've never tested that situation. The major version was changed from v4 to v5 to indicate that it isn't backwards compatible. Compatible versions increment as minor versions, like v4.x.

The easiest thing to do, is to put the old course back and launch a new course in v5.

Otherwise, I can't think of an easy way to automatically complete any course without overwriting the score and/or causing other restoration issues without seeing it in practice.