Picture of Steve Flowers
Mac Adapt Build Issues (permissions part of it, I suspect)
by Steve Flowers - Saturday, 18 October 2014, 1:08 PM

This is the first time I've used a process like this. It's neat. Complicated (for good reasons) but still neat. Managed to Google my way through getting a test build and I ran into a couple of problems:

• Building into my user folder, after building none of the tools I'm using will let me write / save. Says I don't have permission. Went through several processes to update the permissions, one of which worked. Just curious why the build is walling up the structure this way? You'd think the process wouldn't create this hurdle.
  • Second, in the build there is some mystery. Building creates a nested folder with my project name and what looks like duplicate src structure. This could explain why none of my less updates were applying last night at the turn of midnight:) Is there some reason to have a duplicate like this? What's the purpose and which src contains the .less targeted by the build script?

I'm sure I'll have more questions. We're just getting started with this. So far, I love the concept. Started building a sloppy proof of concept three or four years ago with similar aims. 

Can't wait for the tool to hit the streets. The existing process isn't impossible but could be inaccessible for many.

Picture of Steve Flowers
Re: Mac Adapt Build Issues (permissions part of it, I suspect)
by Steve Flowers - Saturday, 18 October 2014, 1:40 PM

Figured out it's the src in the root course folder. What's the nested folder with a duplicate of the course name and src for?

~still having fun:)

Picture of Paul Hilton
by Paul Hilton - Saturday, 18 October 2014, 3:42 PM

Hi, 

FYI I posted a similar issue and work around the other day... 

https://community.adaptlearning.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=444

Paul

Picture of Steve Flowers
by Steve Flowers - Saturday, 18 October 2014, 6:03 PM

Thanks Paul! I did run into that same issue. Running adapt install was really helpful. I'm surprised it's not in the posted instructions. The permissions issue was what threw me next. Everything built and ran fine. It was created in my user directory but I couldn't save any changes.

Looking at the structure, there is some mystery in there. Sure there's a purpose for the extra folder (or an oops, which is fine too) but I can't devine it from the documentation.

Picture of Daryl Hedley
by Daryl Hedley - Wednesday, 22 October 2014, 8:09 AM

Hey,

This has been raised as an issue on the adapt-cli github. Which you can find the progress here:

https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt-cli/issues/23

Thanks,

Daryl