Lisette Ligtendag
feedback
by Lisette Ligtendag - Wednesday, 22 October 2014, 2:11 PM

During the training ‘working with adapt’ it became clear that it is not possible anymore to give a specific feedback for every answer alternative.

I think that is such a pity.

I always thought this would be possible in Adapt. It is something that distinguishes Adapt form other programs. Informative feedback is essential  to learning (see John Hattie or look him up at you tube he is great!!!) .

I asked Daryl: "Please ask them to put this possibility back?". But it is so important to me that I herby also  ask it myself . So: please please could we have the possibility back of giving specific feedback with every answer alternative?

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: feedback
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 22 October 2014, 5:32 PM

Assuming that if you mean on an MCQ (where there is only one answer allowed) if you choose option 1 then you are given feedback specific to option 1 (rather then generic 'incorrect feedback'), this still seems to be present in the master branch: https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_framework/blob/master/src/core/js/views/questionView.js#L48

But does appear to have disappeared in the develop branch - or has this code just moved somewhere else?

Then I would agree with Lisette - this is important functionality for us too.

Is this really going to be removed?

me
Re: feedback
by Sven Laux - Friday, 24 October 2014, 9:19 AM

Hi Lisette, hi Matt,

Thanks both for flagging this. If I understand correctly this is not supposed to be missing and will be put back ASAP. Daryl is owning this task.

Thanks,
Sven