Picture of steve keplinger
self launching mp4
by steve keplinger - Friday, 24 October 2014, 6:32 PM

Hi Adapt Community,

Have been having alot of fun with adapt over the past week.  Great job and very well done!

Wonder if there is a way to get an mp4 to self launch itself?  

Imaging it has to do with:-

"_setCompletionOn":"play",???

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Steve

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: self launching mp4
by Matt Leathes - Sunday, 26 October 2014, 4:22 PM

if you can, it won't be in a way that works totally cross-platform - iOS for sure does not allow media to be autoplayed (quite right too) - and I'm sure other platforms enforce the same rule.

It's nothing to do with the _setCompletionOn property though - that defines when that component gets set to completed: when it scrolls into view or when the user actually clicks play.

I don't think there's any way of doing it through Adapt at it is - but you could probably amend the contrib-media component to get it to invole the play() method of the media player when the component scrolls into view... inview is the function you'd be looking to hack: https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt-contrib-media/blob/master/js/adapt-contrib-media.js#L58

Picture of steve keplinger
by steve keplinger - Sunday, 26 October 2014, 5:29 PM

Thanks Matt for the reply.

I suppose that this may be something that I can look into in the future.  

Am now wondering, if self launching is tricky, how tricky is it to ensure that students watch the entire mp4 before moving on to the questions?

Many thanks,

Stephen

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 27 October 2014, 9:21 AM

it's possible but quite tricky - I would say it's better to ensure the questions could only be answered correctly if the student had watched the video ;-)