Picture of Martin Sandberg
Tutor centered on Safari
by Martin Sandberg - Wednesday, 5 November 2014, 4:34 PM

Hi all,

I have had problems with the positioning of the feedback (Tutor) on Safari on IOS.

By a change in the less file like the one below the feedback gets centered on IOS as well.

.tutor {
   position: fixed;
   top: 50%;
   width: 100%;
   // centered on Safari IOS
   display: -webkit-flex; /* Safari */
   -webkit-align-items: center; /* Safari 7.0+ */
   display: flex;
   align-items: center;
   // Safari

Might help someone with the same problems.

/ Martin

Picture of Bill Randall
Re: Tutor centered on Safari
by Bill Randall - Friday, 24 March 2017, 9:00 PM

Hi,

I'm getting this problem with the tutor on an iPad running Safari in iOS 10.2.1.  The feedback appears at the top of the course page, rather than centred on the screen.  Seems okay on iPhone5 also running iOS 10.2.1 though.  

I've tried Martin's LESS code above, but it hasn't worked for the newer iOS version.  Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks,

Bill

Picture of Bill Randall
by Bill Randall - Saturday, 25 March 2017, 7:35 PM

Further to this - the iOS issue seems specific to SABA LMS.  In Totara LMS and SCORM cloud the exact same course works fine on an iPAD.  In which case I'm not sure there's an easy fix?  The course opens in a simple pop-up window to get around SABA's frameset, but this doesn't affect the tutor in other LMS.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 27 March 2017, 9:03 AM

Hi Bill

If it's a problem only on iOS and only on Saba then it does sound like it's still the Saba frameset/iOS issue. Is it definitely opening in a new popup window that's generated by the course (rather than Saba)?

Picture of Bill Randall
by Bill Randall - Monday, 27 March 2017, 9:46 PM

Hi Matt,

Yes, it is generated by the course itself.  But thanks for the prompt - I was hoping it would turn out to be that!

Bill

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 28 March 2017, 9:33 AM

So if you 'view source' on the course page it's not running inside a <frameset> or <iframe>? If not, there's no obvious reason why this should behave any differently on Saba than it does on SCORM Cloud.

Picture of Bill Randall
by Bill Randall - Tuesday, 28 March 2017, 10:28 AM

Thanks Matt.  This is on a 3rd party LMS, so I'm going to confirm what I'm being told...