Picture of Mike  Nedelko
Installing adapt framework on server
by Mike Nedelko - Wednesday, 12 November 2014, 1:20 AM

Hi Adapt Team and Community

I am wondering whether it is possible to deploy the current adapt framework and authoring tool on a server without the help of an LMS (similar to your demo)?

I noticed that in a post a few months ago adapt responded to a community member's question highlighting "that  anyone can take the code and install it on a server themselves - we'll supply instructions and documentation and there is support via the community site here".

Is it possible to publish adapt based elearning to a server without the help of an existing LMS? And if so, would you be happy to share some pointers as to how this could be accomplished?

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Have a great day and thank you for generating such a great product.

Mike

me
Re: Installing adapt framework on server
by Sven Laux - Tuesday, 18 November 2014, 11:37 AM

Hi Mike,

thanks for your note and apologies for the slow response. In summary, yes it's possible and hopefully relatively straight forward to publish Adapt content on a server without an LMS in the mix.

In summary, you'll need to uninstall the 'contrib spoor' extension when you're creating a course (link to relevant threads). The content package is then a purely web based package (much like the demo and the examples) and you can upload this straight to the server and link to the index/launch page.

Hope this helps,
Sven

Picture of Mike  Nedelko
Re: Installing adapt framework on server
by Mike Nedelko - Friday, 26 December 2014, 5:30 AM

Hi Sven 

Thank you for the response and sorry for the late response in return. This was really helpful and I will check it out. I must say I am a complete fan of what you are doing here, so thank you for making ADAPT available to the community!

Mike