Picture of Arend Raifsnider
Re: LMS issues with ADAPT?
by Arend Raifsnider - Monday, 26 October 2015, 10:35 PM

Matt,

I just ran into a similar issue with our course in SumTotal. All I see is the Loading screen. This is strange, since it worked just fine in our QA version of the LMS; it only fails in production.

I'm trying this workaround. I assume the launch.html file needs to be placed in the same place as the index.html. So I should probably just manually stick it in the build directory because grunt build won't copy it over, right? I updated my imsmanifest.xml file like you said.

Needless to say, this is all bad timing since we thought we were good to go and I need it running by Wednesday morning. 

EDIT: Still waiting on the LMS team, but my guess is the launch.html trick won't work since that seemed to be directed at a different issue. I did run a console check and it returned this:

SumTotal Error

Thanks,

Arend

by Arend Raifsnider - Monday, 26 October 2015, 11:01 PM

Perhaps it's the same issue where I need to replace the .json extensions with .txt?

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 27 October 2015, 9:59 AM

It could well solved by changing .json to .txt, certainly that would be a relatively easy thing for you to test.

Picture of Tom Taylor
by Tom Taylor - Tuesday, 27 October 2015, 10:12 AM

Is configurable course content filetypes (i.e. non-JSON) something that'd be useful to automate with the grunt process? Have provisionally added to the TODO list in this PR:

https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_framework/pull/781

by Arend Raifsnider - Tuesday, 27 October 2015, 2:54 PM

Matt,

That did indeed fix our problem. Our QA environment and Production environments must have some differences in the mime type.

So now you know how SumTotal works!

Thanks so much for this!

Arend