Picture of steve keplinger
Moodle Answers
by steve keplinger - Saturday, 15 November 2014, 1:35 PM

I have 2 questions that I am struggling with.  I have my Scorm put into the Moodle environment, and it appears to be working.  

I wonder what I need to do to capture the data?  I imagine that the answers to my Adapt questions will be stored in my many moodle's tables on my cPanel Database.  How can I find where the data (answers) are stored?

The other question is the look of the adapt course in Moodle.  It is a bit clunky when in the moodle environment.  Is there anyway to make the adapt course look like it is running purely outside the moodle environment?

Anyone able to help would be most appreciated.

Many thanks,

Stephen

Picture of Peter Smith
Re: Moodle Answers
by Peter Smith - Monday, 17 November 2014, 10:10 AM

Hi Stephen,

Adapt sends the score from an assessment and overall course completion back to the LMS but not responses to individual questions. The data is stored in the mdl_scorm_scoes_track table - you can also access reports via the Moodle interface (there's some info on reporting here - https://docs.moodle.org/28/en/Using_SCORM).

If the Adapt content doesn't look great, you're probably using the 'current window' option in the SCORM settings to launch the course. Try changing the setting to 'new window' and set the window size to 100%. There are lots of details on SCORM activity settings here - https://docs.moodle.org/28/en/SCORM_settings#Display_package.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

by steve keplinger - Monday, 17 November 2014, 12:17 PM

Thank you so much Peter!

It is working so much better.  Wonder if you might be able to tell me if there is any way to make the scrolling bar a bit less sensitive?  It works but requires to be clicked when I finish scrolling and when I start.  Not a huge problem but it is not typical scrolling behaviour.

Stephen

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 18 November 2014, 11:08 AM

Hi Steve

I've certainly not experienced anything like you mention with the scroll bar. Do you mean the browser's scroll bar? Which browser are you using?

by steve keplinger - Wednesday, 19 November 2014, 8:59 AM

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the comment.  My scroll bar within the course is very sensitive.  It's not working like normal.  When it gets activated, it has to be carefully clicked to exit the scrolling environment or it jumps to where ever the mouse is pointing, scrolling up if it's above half way (fast the farther away from half way you are): and the same applies for scrolling down.

I tried to apply your code for a launch.html and wonder if I should be putting my course inside these brackets:-

launchCourse()">

Any advice is most welcomed.

Stephen

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 19 November 2014, 9:58 AM

Sorry I still don't really understand. It sounds more like you have an issue with your browser or trackpad/mouse. There shouldn't be any need to click to exit the scrolling environment.

What browser/operating system are you using?

Are you able to link to an example of this happening?

It sounds like you might be activating the Windows auto scrolling feature (by clicking the scroll wheel then moving the mouse up and down)?

Certainly Adapt doesn't do anything to the scroll bar of the course. I don't believe it is even allowed for a web page to do anything to the browser's scroll bars - except decide whether they should be available or not when opening a new window via JavaScript.

As for the launch.html - no you definitely don't want to put your course between those brackets. You shouldn't need to amend anything in that code in any way, it's complete already. You simply need to create a new HTML file called 'launch.html', paste that code into it, save it then add it to your course output so that you end up with a folder structure like this:

• adapt
  • assets
  • course
  • libraries
  • adlcp_rootv1p2.xsd
  • imscp_rootv1p1p2.xsd
  • imsmanifest.xml
  • imsmd_rootv1p2p1.xsd
  • ims_xml.xsd
  • index.html
  • launch.html
  • log_output.html
  • main.html
  • offline_API_wrapper.js

You will then need to edit imsmanifest.xml and change the two instances of 'index.html' to 'launch.html' (so that the LMS uses launch.html as the page it launches instead of index.html)

by steve keplinger - Wednesday, 19 November 2014, 11:58 AM

Thanks Matt,

I've tried to do as you say, but am struggling?

I've put the launch.html into the file structure, zipped it up and now it won't work at all?  Am not getting any thing showing in Moodle?  Tried to put it back to the way it was but still not having any luck.  

Perhaps its because I am zipping it up with Elite Unzip (a free zip file compressor)?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Stephen

by steve keplinger - Wednesday, 19 November 2014, 3:07 PM

Hi Matt,

Got it working,

Thanks,  Your a star!!

Steve

Picture of Ryan Gonzalez
by Ryan Gonzalez - Wednesday, 19 April 2017, 8:37 AM

Hi Matt,

I've built a course in the Adapt Authoring tool and am using the spoor extension and have uploaded it to Moodle. I've reviewed the instructions on adding the launch.html file and updating the imsmanifest.xml file and have gotten the Adapt course to launch in a new window properly. However, the SCORM output log shows that:10:20:29.494 Offline SCORM API is being used. No data will be reported to the LMS!

I've tested the original course as exported from my Adapt Authoring tool without the launch.html file and update to manifest file and it is communicating to Moodle properly and tracking with the learning objects grading method.

I would appreciate any suggestions or tips you might have for getting the launch.html version of the course to report progress on the course to Moodle as it's a much more elegant and functional solution.

Thanks in advance.

Ryan Gonzalez

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 19 April 2017, 9:15 AM

Hi Ryan

Based on the SCORM output log it sounds as if you've set launch.html to open index.html - you should actually have it open index_lms.html

Picture of Ryan Gonzalez
by Ryan Gonzalez - Wednesday, 19 April 2017, 10:04 AM

Thank you so much, Matt. I must have changed that when testing things out and forgot to set it back... working as desired now! 

Best,
Ryan

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 19 April 2017, 10:55 AM

Shout out to Chris Steele for having the foresight to add that warning message to the SCORM log...!