Picture of steve keplinger
Moodle Locking Downstream Units
by steve keplinger - Friday, 21 November 2014, 3:07 PM

Thanks for all the support so far.  I've been making really good progress and appreciate all of the support that the community has given me!

Wonder if anyone might be able to help with getting adapt to work better in Moodle?  I am able to get the first part of the first unit complete, but cant get the second unit done.  

I have been able to get the first unit's test complete.  The test is put in moodle as a separate course that with the Grading method put in as highest grade while the Grading method for the teaching content is Learning objects.  

I am asking if there has to be a definative grade in order to unlock subsequent down stream units when the Grading method is Learning objects?

If anyone has come across something like this, please let me know and I am really impressed with the support that this community offers.

Many thanks,

Steve

me
Re: Moodle Locking Downstream Units
by Sven Laux - Friday, 21 November 2014, 4:13 PM

Thanks, Steve. I'm glad your work is progressing well and that the community are able to help.

The particular question you raise is also worth raising on the Moodle community as this is generic Moodle / SCORM activity functionality.

Are you using two separate SCORM activities within the same course? Or do you have a SCORM object with multiple SCOs defined in the manifest?

Thanks,
Sven

by steve keplinger - Friday, 21 November 2014, 7:12 PM

Thanks Sven,

Truly appreciate the response.  I will raise the question in the Moodle Community and have looked into your questions as well.

I have the course in both formates.  When I do two separate SCORM activities (Unit1 and Unit2), when the programme reaches the components level of the Adapt script it refuses to load, just hangs loading....

And when I have a SCORM object with multiple SCOs defined in the manifest, again when it gets to the compents level of the Adapt scrip, where it loads but does not show any text, just a white screen.  I can highlight the page, giving me a blue highlight except where the script is meant to be?  

In both formates the first Adapt Script (Unit 1, Section 1.1) loads and functions fine.  It makes me wonder if there is a key that must be used to unlock downstream components of the Moodle script, a kind of; 'You can't have your desert till you eat your peas':- Finish Unit 1 before going on to Unit 2?  Even though I think I have eaten all of my peas -  the Unit 1 top bar is fully coloured in...

I'll post this over to the Moodlers, but if you have any insights, please let me know.

Stephen

by steve keplinger - Saturday, 22 November 2014, 9:18 AM

Hi Sven/community,

I just noticed that it works better (some of the videos load but not all of the text) in explorer than it does in chrome.  Does that provide any insight to the problem?

Thanks,

Stephen