Picture of udhay S
Course not properly view on mobile.
by udhay S - Friday, 5 December 2014, 5:50 AM

Hi All

I am so far enjoying build with using adapt framework. One of the courses i have built, and its working great on desktop view. But it seems to be affects on mobile devices.

When we resize the course on browser view its fine, and this is we tested on mobile view using responsinator browser plugin.

and now when we deployed our template to a server the course does not load properly on mobile view its affected by same desktop view only.

Hope this helps anyway!

Thanks in advance,

Udhay
Picture of Filip Ryba
Re: Course not properly view on mobile.
by Filip Ryba - Friday, 5 December 2014, 10:48 AM

Hello Udhay,

I had the same issue a while back. It's most probably caused by an <iframe> element wrapping around the course. I found the solution on this very forum - here: https://community.adaptlearning.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=477

Basically, you have to create a 'launcher' HTML file which will open the course in new window (or new tab, as the case might be on mobile). It does not break SCORM functionality, so it's quite neat (tested on Moodle and our in-house LMS).

Cheers!

Picture of udhay S
by udhay S - Saturday, 6 December 2014, 6:27 AM

Hi

Sorry I still don't really understand.

My question is, as you said the adapt frame work is Multi-device delivery, yes its working fine at local(While browser resizing).

but when we upload on server a responsive doesn't work..Why??

Can you update!

Thanks
Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 8 December 2014, 9:43 AM

Probably because something the server is doing is preventing the responsive code from running.

For example, many learning management systems will load the course content into an iframe or frameset, neither of which are responsive.

Please therefore check to see if the server is adding something else like this into the course window.

Picture of Stephen Bates
by Stephen Bates - Thursday, 5 February 2015, 10:03 PM

Our SCORM server does load content in an iframe, and it looks like pointing the imsmanifest to a 'launcher' page works perfectly, however i'm still working on a solution that doesn't require users to have to keep their pop-up blocker turned off.

Picture of Adam Laird
by Adam Laird - Monday, 9 February 2015, 2:14 PM

Moodle and Totara should both now have in the SCORM appearance part the option for 'New Window (Simple)' in addition to 'New Window' and this usually helps.

Your unlikely to have any solution that would negate pop up blockers occasionally chipping in and its more an issue of simply adding an exception rather than turning off.

The advantage of the New Window (simple) is that it will provide a click link if the window is blocked to avoid user confusion.

Picture of Robert Cristofer
by Robert Cristofer - Thursday, 12 February 2015, 10:13 PM

The platform on which to develop mobile application or platform of phone play an important role in this issue. I found an interesting article - mobile enterprise application platform and their advantages