Picture of Michael Memory
Stuck on Load Screen
by Michael Memory - Friday, 19 December 2014, 5:37 PM

Hello everyone, I'm brand new to Adapt. Got everything installed and am able to run the grunt build/server. When I try to add an object to the contentObjects.json file (src/course/en/), I get a successful build, and then when I refresh the page it stays on the load screen and never completes.

I'm trying to follow the instructions here:

https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_framework/wiki/Creating-your-first-course

I will continue looking around the discussion board, but if anyone can help me in the meantime that would be great. Thanks!

Picture of Tom Taylor
Re: Stuck on Load Screen
by Tom Taylor - Monday, 22 December 2014, 10:32 PM

Hi Michael,

It sounds like there's just a problem with your JSON; did you try build/server before editing anything?

Are you able to provide a link to your JSON? (you should be able to attach files to a reply on here if your course isn't publicly available on GitHub or similar).

Picture of Michael Memory
Re: Stuck on Load Screen
by Michael Memory - Tuesday, 23 December 2014, 2:46 PM

Tom,

Thanks for the response! The JSON was fine, as I was just copying and pasting (and adding the necessary comma). Yesterday I ended up finding a solution, I just needed to complete the Component, Block, and Article JSON objects in order for it to load the page. I appreciate your willingness to help!

Michael