Picture of roi bueno
SCORM completion without assessment
by roi bueno - Monday, 29 December 2014, 8:32 AM

Hello everyone,

Given I have a course contains components of: text, accordion and graphic, working on version 1.1 and with no assessment, is there a way to report completion on LMS?

Thanks.

Picture of Tom Taylor
Re: SCORM completion without assessment
by Tom Taylor - Tuesday, 30 December 2014, 12:22 PM

Hi Roi,

As long as your LMS is SCORM compliant (e.g. Moodle), you can use the contrib-spoor extension to do this (if you're using the default adapt.json file from GitHub and the Adapt command line interface, you may have the extension installed already).

Once this is installed, you can set this in the src/course/config.json file by setting _requireCourseCompleted to true, and _requireAssessmentPassed to false in the spoor settings.

If you're using an LMS that isn't compatible with SCORM, you may have to write your own extension to handle the communication. In any case, the contrib-spoor extension is a good starting point.

Let me know if you have any problems with any of this.

Tom.

Picture of roi bueno
by roi bueno - Wednesday, 31 December 2014, 7:34 AM

Hi Tom, thank you for your help.

I already installed the contrib-spoor extension and set up the required properties on config.json you mentioned above, it still shows that the SCORM is "incompleted" and shows me how long it took me to finish it (in the currect case: 40.14 secs).

Is there any connection to the fact I have no assessment in the code?

Can you explain more about the incompatiblity issue and the extension I need to write for it?

Thanks again,

Roi

Picture of Tom Taylor
by Tom Taylor - Wednesday, 31 December 2014, 9:29 AM

There's no requirement for an assessment when it comes to completion; spoor just checks the overall completion of the course.

One thing to note is that you'll need to complete all components in order for the course to mark as completed; in the case of the accordion, this means clicking all items.

What LMS are you using/have you tested your course on?