Picture of Jerome Lam
Re: Disabling spoor instead of uninstalling it
by Jerome Lam - Thursday, 15 January 2015, 7:15 PM

Hi Tom,

Thanks for adding to Sven's explanation and also suggesting next steps to action the change I mentioned. I will take Sven's advice and get in touch with him first before creating an issue on the spoor GitHub.

Quickly reading through your wiki page, I find you have some very good high-level topics to get readers introduced to the definition of a contribution, to the profile of a typical contributor and possible tasks. What I usually find useful is task use cases (I want to fix a bug, I want to create a test script, I want to create an extension) with a brief and high-level step-by-step of how to proceed. The step-by-step doesn't have to be full hand-holding, but it can point in the general direction of what a typical contributor should do (fork from GitHub and choose the right branch, make changes, submit issue, create pull request, document on wiki). Please keep in mind that the list I just gave may make no sense since I have never actually used GitHub before. I'm still living in the age of SVN.

If I think of anything else that may be useful in the wiki, I'll send you a PM.

Best regards,

Jerome