Picture of roi bueno
Assessment completion without quesions
by roi bueno - Monday, 19 January 2015, 9:45 AM

Hello,

Is there a way to evaluate completion without quesion components at all?

In other words, is there a way to use an assessment to report the completion percentage when the components I have are only hotgraphics and accordions (no questions at all)?

Thanks,

Roi

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Assessment completion without quesions
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 19 January 2015, 4:31 PM

You can evaluate completion without needing question components, but not using an assessment.

If you don't have an assessment in your course, completion can be set to be based on having completed all the components in the course. in config.json, set '_requireCourseCompleted' to true and '_requireAssessmentPassed' to false.

This will not give you a percentage though.

You could probably get a rough calculation of percentage complete by looking at the data that gets written out to suspend_data, which will look a bit like this:

"{"spoor":{"completion":"10100100000000000000000","_isCourseComplete":false"}}

The string of 1's and 0's represents the completion state of every block in the course, with 1 meaning it is completed and 0 meaning it is incomplete. So in the above example, 3 out of 23 blocks have been completed - giving you a completion percentage of 13%

Hope this helps...

Picture of roi bueno
by roi bueno - Tuesday, 20 January 2015, 5:05 PM

Thanks for the reply Matt.

I used an assessment and added a simple mcq component.

Also changed the config.json properties to the ones you mentioned and still I can view in LMS only complete/incomplete status with no grade report or anything else.

Any other option?

Maybe some settings in the LMS itself needs to be changed?

Thanks again!

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 21 January 2015, 6:54 PM

You need to make sure that _shouldSubmitScore is set to true in config.json to get Adapt to send a score to the LMS on assessment completion