Picture of Nicolas S
Issue with Safari on iPad
by Nicolas S - Monday, 19 January 2015, 7:06 PM

I've encountered several issues with Adapt and Safar on iPad:

• The arrows at the top of the slider element are missing. The bullets at the top are not clickable - so they won't allow a navigation, neither. Not the whole content is responsive for to swipe movements, but only the image. From the usabilty perspective misleading... In the worst case a user would fail to find out how to switch to the next slide...

• Triggered elements are not possible. They are visible from the start without triggering anything. Also they cannot be closed by the close button.

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Issue with Safari on iPad
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 21 January 2015, 12:36 PM

Hi Nicolas

The demo that you're looking at is actually based on a really old version of the Adapt code and does appear to have some pretty bad layout issues in iOS8 Safari.

We've plans to update this demo so that it's built from the latest version - but are currently committing all resources to actually getting the new version built and released at this stage.

If you follow the documentation to get and build Adapt from the current master you'll find it works fine with iOS 8 Safari.

FYI the 'triggered components' in the demo work fine for me with the iPad in landscape mode. In portrait mode, it does appear immediately - though whether this is deliberate or a bug in the old code, I'm not sure.

Picture of Nicolas S
Re: Issue with Safari on iPad
by Nicolas S - Friday, 23 January 2015, 5:56 PM

Thanks for your explanation! I am looking forward to check out the new demo!